12 | You'll never know when festivals become significant

XII

Manga: Lesson 29-31

Anime: Episode 17

SHIZUKU went out of the house, immediately rushing towards the river bank with her umbrella in hand. She got there within twenty minutes.

"Good morning, Hiraga-san!" she beamed as she raced down the stairs to greet the mechanic sitting by the riverbank.

"Oh, good morning, Shizuku." Hiraga looked back from his work and waved at the girl running towards him.

Ever since the day that they brought Hiraga's robots to the riverbank, Shizuku has been going there every day to keep him company. It had only been three days, but it seemed that it was longer than that. Since she didn't know anything about mechanics, she just spent her time passing over parts and tools to the older male to assist and at least hasten his working speed. So far, it seemed to be working.

"Wow, you work fast, Hiraga-san." Shizuku complimented as she looked at the tall robots standing in front of her. Some of them were almost complete, but most of them had bits and pieces missing here and there.

"I'm still a bit far off from the intended schedule, though." Hiraga replied before he disappeared in between two big robots. "Hey, Shizuku, pass me the large screwdriver there, will you?"

"Coming!" the teal haired girl replied brightly before she went towards the toolbox and grabbed what the old man was asking for. A few minutes of working later, someone called from behind Shizuku and made her turn around.

"Shizuku."

"Gin-san, hey!" the teal haired girl waved at the Yorozuya she watched them walk towards her position.

"Shizu-nee!" Kagura called happily as she went to hug the older girl. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I've been helping Hiraga-san with his robots, didn't Gin-san tell you?" Shizuku answered while gesturing to the mechanic behind her. "How about you, guys?"

"Otose-san asked us to come here." Shinpachi replied with a sheepish chuckle. "So, here we are."

"If you're here to help, then get to work!" Hiraga yelled form behind the robots and immediately after, the Yorozuya started to move around while trying to do the things that the mechanic was telling them to do. A few hours later, at around lunchtime, GIntoki was starting to slack off, prompting Hiraga to hit his head with a wrench.

"Quit playing and get back to work!" the old man yelled. "Good grief, we're short on time!"

"But, Hiraga-san, the festival has already begun." Shinpachi said from in front of one of the robots. In the distance, they could hear the familiar sounds of a festival going on."Even if the five of us work on the double, we're still not going to make it."

"The performance won't be until tonight, Shinpachi-kun." Shizuku said from beside Gintoki, who was lying with his face on the ground. It didn't seem that he had any intention of moving. "If we can somehow finish by this evening, we'll manage." Shizuku said, before she poked Gintoki's head with her finger.

"Gin-san you can enjoy the festival later. Or, if you want, you can take a rest, but only after we're done here." She huffed at the older male while holding on to her umbrella. "Come on." She pulled on the older male's clothes to get him up.

"I don't want to." Gintoki grumbled under his breath, letting Shizuku friutlessly pull on him to get him to work.

"Gin-san, if you're not planning to help, then I'm going to hit your head with a wrench again."