39 | You shouldn't lie to someone who you know knows better than you

XXXIX

Manga: Lesson 89-97

Anime: Episodes 58-62

Movie: Gintama: The Movie, A New Retelling Benizakura Arc

"EXCUSE me. It's the Yorozuya."

Gintoki, who was shutting his ears with both of his pinky fingers, looked blankly at the two people crouched on the ground a few feet away from him. A girl and an older man were smashing a piece of iron flat in the middle of the workshop that the white haired male was standing in front of. Behind Gintoki, Shizuku stood covering both of her ears with both of her hands.

"Excuse me. It's the Yorozuya." The white haired male called out once again.

The pounding continued and by the looks of it, neither of the two people in the middle of the workshop heard what he said and so again, he called out the same statement, making his voice louder. "Excuse me. It's the Yorozuya!"

"Huh?!" the man among the two blacksmiths called back without looking at Gintoki. "What's that?!"

"It's the Yorozuya!" Gintoki yelled back. "I came over after receiving your call!"

"Huh?!" the man yelled over the noise. "I already told you, I don't want any newspapers!"

"Idiot." Gintoki muttered. "Your head's just completely fill of shit-,"

A hammer collided harshly with his head and Gintoki tipped backwards.

"Gin-san?!" Shizuku called and pushed him back upright. "That's what you get for talking bad about people." The girl huffed.

"Not my fault." Gintoki replied as he barely got himself together. Suddenly, the blue haired girl among the blacksmith pair ushered the two of them in and let them sit on thin pillows on the floor.

"I've very sorry about that!" the man who threw the hammer yelled with a determined look on his face, not at all looking sorry for what he had done. "We were sweating profusely due to our work and it just happened to slip from my hand! My deepest apologies!"

Gintoki was about ready to bash the older blacksmith's head in but Shizuku pulled him back every time he attempted to stand.

The dark blue bruise on his face pulsed as Gintoki opened his mouth. "Don't worry about it." He said with a passive look on his face.

"They definitely heard me." He muttered, only for an elbow to collide with his rib, making him squeak and jolt.

Shizuku cleared her throat from beside the white haired male. "Gin-san." She warned, her voice low.

"Let us introduce ourselves!" the man sitting in front of the two said just as loudly as he spoke earlier. "We are siblings who work together as swordsmiths! I am the elder brother, Tetsuya, and this is...."

The blue haired girl beside him suddenly looked away.

"Oi! You should at least introduce yourself, Tetsuko! If they don't know your name, they won't know what to call you, Tetsuko!"

"Uhm, I think you've already said it loud enough for us to hear." Shizuku calmly said beside Gintoki.

"Sorry about that, Sakata-san! Kusahara-san!" Tetsuya yelled back in response. "She's so damn shy!"

Gintoki and Shizuku shared a look before looking back at the siblings. "Speaking of which," the former started. "now that the Sword Prohibition Act is in force, isn't it tough being swordsmiths?" he asked.