42 | "That's so like him," is a trend for this one

XLII

Manga: Lesson 89-97

Anime: Episodes 58-62

Movie: Gintama: The Movie, A New Retelling Benizakura Arc

"SO, I take it that he went out of his way to discretely tell you what to do? I'm also guessing that Otae-san was there?"

"I didn't.... even notice what he did."

Kusahara chuckled as he pushed himself out of the doorway of the Murata blacksmiths' workshop. "Well, I expected as much, really. That's so like him. Shizuku would say the same." He sighed.

Well, Shizuku would say something along the lines of "That idiot" first then she'll say that it was like Gintoki to do what he did. She always did call him an idiot even when she knew that he was a lot smarter than most people she's met.

Kusahara always chuckled at her whenever she said those things.

"Speaking, where's Shizuku-chan?" Tetsuko asked in a timid voice as she removed her wet boots and went into the workshop. "I thought that she would still be here...."

"She got picked up." Kusahara answered. "I just got here, myself. She's at home right now with a colleague of mine. She's in good hands."

Tetsuko was silent for a while before turning to look at the teal haired male. "What are you going to do? Gintok-san isn't here yet." She asked, sounding a bit unsure, avoiding his eyes.

Kusahara only shrugged. "I have no plans of waiting for him," he said as he turned to look outside the door. "I have my own personal reasons why I'm going up there aside from the fact that I'm an officer, so I'd like to finish them before I meet up with you two."

There was a pause.

"The sooner I finish what I want to do, the sooner I'm going to kick other people's asses."

"How do you even know where they are?" Tetsuko asked from behind. "Edo is big.... And even you will have a hard time finding a group of rebels."

"Intel." Kusahara casually replied, pointing at his head. "Remember, I'm the in police force. And even if I'm not, I know a lot of people. I suppose I should tell you where they are since you are going there, yourself. I'll spare you the time wasted in finding them."

Kusahara suddenly stepped out into the rain.

"Head north, by the bay. The ship that will depart from there in fifteen minutes is your target. Though, by the time Gintoki-san arrives, you'll have to catch it before it gets too far up. A group of Joui Roushi, Katsura-san's faction, will be nearby and they have a ship. Elizabeth will get them to depart. I'll be waiting inside the Kiheitai ship. I'll see you there."

With that, the teal haired male started to walk away, not letting the rain bother him too much as he advanced forward.

He knew that Tetsuko's eyes were glued to his back.

Or maybe....

Maybe they were looking at the second katana strapped on his waist. The one with a blood red hilt, strikingly in contrast with the teal hilt of his own blade.

Kusahara continued walking.

Kagura stared at the darkening sky as she was placed on a cross by the end of the ship that was already soaring high in the air. She was on that ship since last night and she was passed out for most of the time, only waking up that morning, tied to a wall as if she was decoration. Now, only a few minutes after she had woken up, she was tied to a wooden cross. She could've easily escaped that cross with one movement but oddly, she couldn't even find herself capable of lifting an arm. Maybe it had something to do with the metal that was binding her to the wooden cross, she's not entirely sure. The point is, she was about ready to get blasted into oblivion by the incoming ship from in front of the one that she was on.