22 | How do you write or spell feelings? Oh, wait...

XXII

"GIN-san, look!"

"What is it?" Gintoki asked as he walked back to where the younger two members of the Yorozuya were standing. The three of them were out on a night stroll around Kabuku-chou and Gintoki was getting more and more sleepy as the seconds passed by. He was actually leaning more and more towards the thought of ditching the two then and there so that he could sleep.

"Fireworks!" Kagura happily beamed as she pointed at the sky. On cue, a loud boom echoed in the air and the signature lights and form of fireworks lit up the night sky. Looking bored as usual, Gintoki blinked.

"What's so good about fireworks?" he asked while scratching his head.

"They're nice to look at!" Kagura huffed. "I wish Shizu-nee was here to see this. She said that she loves fireworks. She said that it makes her happy."

Gintoki blinked again.

"Look, fireworks!"

"Aside from the reason that they look good, Shizuku, why the hell, would you like watching fireworks? They're annoying. Not to mention, they're loud. They disrupt my sleep and I don't like it."

"You literally don't like anything, Gin-san. And don't be like that! Besides, whenever there's fireworks around, I know that people are celebrating something nice."

"What if someone lights up fireworks in a funeral, what would you say about that?"

"As if someone will do that."

"You'll never know, Shizuku. You'll never know. There are more messed up people than me out there."

"Oh, shut up. All I know is that whenever there's fireworks around, there are people who are happy. That makes me happy, too!"

Gintoki scoffed as he watched the fireworks explode in the sky.

But Kagura was right; though Shizuku loves watching fireworks.

Beside Gintoki, other people were also gathering to watch the light display. As the crown slowly thickened, the white haired male's head was slowly starting to hurt. There were a few people talking around. He could hear things like, "They're testing new fireworks down the river." And "There were police officers going around so I think they're facilitating the testing."

Gintoki frowned deeply. If what he was hearing was true, he immediately knew who thos police officers were. Knowing that his least favorite people were near their position, he had the sudden urge to grab Shinpachi's and Kagura's collars so they could go home. Maybe he really should've turned and left on his own, after all.

Before he could anything, though, a familiar presence stood beside him.

"Fancy seeing you here." Gintoki called to the person beside him, actually not shocked at all, but he didn't expect the person to approach him.

Especially after what happened only two chapters ago.

"Yeah, we were in the area. I'm in charge of this part." The man beside him chuckled as he ran a hand through his teal hair. "Coincidentally, we saw you here so here we are."

"'We'?"

"Hey, guys."

Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura suddenly looked behind them to see Shizuku standing there with a smile on her face. She shyly waved at them right before Kagura suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her down the area, yelling something about intending to get closer to the site where they were lighting up the fireworks. Shinpachi went to follow the two girls, leaving Gintoki with Kusahara.