5 | You know the people you bump into 99% of the time

V

Manga: Lesson 26-27

Anime: Episode 23

"EH, Kagura-chan won a trip to space?" Tae asked as her eyes widened.

"Yeah, but she only has enough for three people." Shizuku nodded as she took the bowl of rice that the older girl was passing towards her way.

That morning, when Shizuku was out shopping or groceries, she had coincidentally bumped with Kagura at the same marketplace that she frequented at. The two of them shopped together, before the younger girl asked if they would stroll around the marketplace for a bit. Naturally, Shizuku agreed and they went on to different stalls just to look at the merchandise. They had passed on a particular stall that was handing out tickets for a trip to space if the costumers played their game and won. With Kagura's luck, she had drawn out the winning ball and won. She said that she intended to take Shizuku with her, but the slightly older girl politely declined the offer since she didn't exactly like the thought of going to space only two months and a half after they were rescued from the Harusame pirates. Kagura understood so she said that she'll just take the Yorozuya with her. They went on their separate ways a few minutes after and both of them went home.

"Maybe Shinpachi-kun will tell us about it tonight." Shizuku said as she and Tae prepared themselves to eat lunch.

It was Tae's day off and she was accompanying Shizuku at home since Shinpachi had to go to work and since it was already Kusahara's first month inside the Shinsengumi. Shizuku had grown accustomed to being the only one inside the house with all three of her housemates having to go to work. It was nice to have someone to accompany her every once in a while, though.

"Are you already fully recovered, Shizuku-chan?" Tae asked when they were already done eating lunch.

"I think so." The younger girl answered with a smile on her face. "I feel a lot better than a month ago."

"Are you sure?" the older asked warily with a worried tone. "Your skin is still deathly white." She said as she took one of Shizuku's hands. "If you hold a piece of paper, the color will blend in with your skin."

"I'm always like this, Ane-san." Shizuku reassured. "Ever since I could remember, I'm already this pale."

"But you're not a Yato, right?" Tae's brows furrowed a bit. "I understand Kagura-chan's situation, but you on the other hand, you're an Earthling. Earthlings aren't supposed to be this white."

"I'm just sensitive to the sun, that's all." Shizuku replied with a chuckle. "I often get mistaken as a Yato, though, because I also carry an umbrella around with I go out, just like Kagura-chan. There was even one time that someone asked me if I was a demon because demons get burned under the sun, they said. I think they were Demon Slayers, or something." She joked.

Tae seemed to think for a second before she sighed, patting Shizuku's head. "Alright, then. Just tell me if you're still not feeling well, okay?"

"I will, Ane-san." Shizuku smiled brightly before she stood up and went towards the kitchen to start washing the dishes.

The two girls spent their day bonding with each other over random things that came to their minds. When the clock struck five-thirty in the evening, Shinpachi came home with the news that Tae and Shizuku were waiting for. He began packing his bags as soon as his older sister gave her permission. They began eating the dinner that the two girls prepared earlier right after Shinpachi was done preparing everything that he needed. Roughly two hours after they were done eating, Kusahara came home a bit more exhausted than how he was when he started working in the Shinsengumi. Since, technically, Shizuku's a minor and Kusahara's her legal guardian, the teal haired male was permitted to not stay in the Headquarters to look after his cousin. Just as long as he reports to the Headquarters on time.