[ 8 ] 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞

*Five's POV*

We arrived at the spot where we're meeting Hazel and Cha-Cha. Luther and I were sitting in the front while Eight was laying across the back seat, reading the book Ben gave her. I turned to Eight and smiled, knowing if this plan worked I could save her.

"You know, I never enjoyed it." I pipe up.

Luther turns to me. "What?"

"The killing." I reply, sighing.

"I mean, I was...I was good at my work, and I...I took pride in it. But it never gave pleasure. I think it was all those years alone. Solutide can do funny things to the mind."

"Yeah, well, you were gone such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's being alone that breaks you." Luther says and turns to the briefcase.

"You think they'll buy it?" I turn to him.

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate." I was about to say something else but Eight cut me off.

"It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit." Luther turns to Eight.

"Language." Eight then flips him off making me chuckle.

"Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." I say.

"Well, I should hold onto it." Luther says which makes Eight and I turn to him.

"Hm?" I say.

"In case they make a move on you." I then nod.

"Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've...lived a long life, but... you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it." I hear a quite snicker from behind me and Luther and I turn to see Eight laughing into her hand.

"Sorry, I couldn't-" She starts to hysterically laugh, cutting herself off. "It's just, you sounded so old. Oh my lord kill me. I'm dead." She continues to laugh making me smirk and shake my head.

We see a car emerge from the distance and pass us stopping ahead.

"Here we go." I say as we all get out. Eight stretches her wings as she gets out and walks stands next to Luther, slightly leaning on the car.

I turn to Eight,"If this all goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores I'm sorry." I grab Eights hands and lean towards her ear,"I love you." I give her a smile then walk towards Hazel and Cha-Cha they then meet me halfway.

"The masks really necessary?" I ask.

They take off their masks and toss them to the side of the road.

"So where is it, kid." Cha-Cha asks.

"Wow, that's how you're gonna start. You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day." I say with a malicious smirk. Cha-Cha whips out her gun.

"You won't even make it halfway there."

"Maybe, but if you haven't already met my fellow angel, she could kill you in a second and suck out your soul. But as I'm sure you found out in your previous foray, my brother is not your average giant." I say with a smirk.