fifteen.

daft pretty boys - bad suns

+++

Taehyung had decided to throw a small house party, so Jungkook could meet his friends. the boy had told him how difficult it was to make friends because he was afraid people would be as homophobic as his parents. the other had called his friends that same evening.

Now they said spread out in the living room, Hoseok and his girlfriend on the couch and Namjoon (who recently also got together with his girlfriend) opposite on the carpet. Jimin and Jungkook were pulled out on the back porch by Taehyung. he pressed cups of pina colada in their hands.

"Jungkook - Jimin. Jimin - Jungkook. i think you guys will get along really well."

with that, he turned around and closed the sliding door behind him. the muffled beat of 'dance, baby!' by boy pablo mixed with the sound of the waves. Jungkook smiled awkwardly, taking a sip from his cup. Jimin rolled his eyes but smiled back.

"i'm sorry, i think Tae has this plan of setting us both up because, well - we're gay."

Jungkook sighed at the other's words and sat down on the wooden floor. Jimin followed him, worried expression on his face.

"he told me a bit about you on the phone, are you okay? with the whole situation? i can only imagine how it must feel."

"it's fine i guess. kinda got over it with time. but there's this second problem, i ... don't know..."

the boy trailed off, looked over his shoulder through the glass window. Jimin followed his eyes. the group inside was currently laughing about a weird dance move Hoseok had shown them.

"wait, let me guess - you have a little crush on our friend Taehyung."

while the younger hid his face in his hands, the sliding doors opened again. Taehyung sat on the sand in front of them, cheeks reddened from the alcohol, big grin on his lips. Jimin and Jungkook stopped giggling to look at him.

"it seems like you too get along well, i'm happy! you know what i think is funny? eveyone around me chooses me as the first person to come out to! how is that possible? do i have this superpower of turning people gay? i don-"

before he could finish his drunken rant, Namjoon called him inside to get a new bag of chips. as soon as he was out of sight, the two newly found friends looked at each other and immediately burst into a fit of giggles. they didn't stop until they were completely out of breath, gasping for air.

"sad part is - he is not wrong tho."

"you know that he was my first crush too? i got over it rather quickly tho."

"really? how did you get over him?"

"he basically threw up on the backseat of my car, after our first party freshman year. man that was one rough night. i have never forgiven him. now i have this crush on a guy named yoongi... i'm not even sure if he's gay..."

"wait - yoongi as in 'min yoongi'? not sure if he's gay? come on, he wore vans from the pride collection for the whole month of june and i once overheard him talk about frank ocean ... he was waaay too passionate about his music for a straight man."