thirtytwo.

if they only knew - alfie arcuri

+++

Taehyung watched as the train and with it Jungkook, got smaller, until it was completely out of sight. he sighed. the last few days with his boyfriend felt unreal. it felt like time was against them, passing by faster than normal. after coming home from the skiing lodge, they had 3 days until Jungkook's train would take him to his aunt. they spent every minute together. cooked and ate together, watched movies together, cuddled their cats together, showered together and slept together.

he tried to savor every aspect of it, tried to remember every detail about the younger. what his hair smelled like, how his body felt and the way his lips tasted. how he drank his coffee, what movie he could watch a hundred times and which color was his favorite. the way he talked to his cat and how his voice sounded when he said Taehyung's name or 'i love you'.

the sun was shining a little too bright in contrast to Taehyung's dark mood, when he went home that day. the train station was not too far away from the beach house. he had lived alone for quite a while before Jungkook came, got used to the silence and making food just for himself. he even liked it back then, finally having more privat space compared to his parents house. was excited when he got to move out and decorate all the rooms in the way he liked. but now that he heard the click of the door, now that the younger was gone, the house felt so very empty. too big for just one person.

Taehyung won't lie, he already missed him. wondering how his new family was. if he was happy. his whole head was full of Jungkook, he couldn't concentrate on doing anything. he saw him everywhere. expected to hear his voice when he stepped inside, expected to see him laying on the couch or in front of the fireplace. he saw him in the kitchen, eating his favorite cereal, with messy morning hair and tired eyes. saw him drinking coffee on the back porch, watching the sunrise or sunset. in the bathroom, where he brushed his teeth while Taehyung tiredly rested his chin on his shoulder. in his bed, yawning, wishing him a good night.

as the older laid down that evening he could still feel him. could feel his back against his chest, as it slowly rose and fell. could hear his steady breathing. could feel the younger's fingers intertwining with his. he couldn't sleep knowing he would see him in his dream, knowing he would wake up alone on the next morning.

that was when he felt gentle footsteps on his blanket until snowball came in sight, making her way up to Taehyung's arms. laid down on his chest, purring as he crawled her ears. and that was also when he realized - they were both missing their lover.

"now it's just the two of us again, mhm?"