epilogue.

deep in the night, you and me - 109

+++

"hi! i have to ask - where is that sweater from, it's incredibly cute."

"it's from this new designer - Kim Taehyung."

Jungkook smiled to himself, brushing a few wrinkles from the soft cotton material. it was not just designed by Taehyung, it also maybe actually belonged to him and Jungkook maybe accidentily stole it from him. but it didn't matter, at this point of their relationship, they were sharing the closet.

"yeah, it's my sweater and my boyfriend, now back off."

the younger could feel a protective arm sling around his shoulder, while his conversation partner moved away with a bewildered look on his face. Jungkook couldn't help but giggle at Taehyung's slightly angered expression and if it weren't for the distant glimmer of twilight, you would have missed the faint red color on the younger's cheeks.

"that was your cousin Taeyhung!"

"yeah, the one that always stole everything from me when we stayed at my grandparents' house - i'm just putting an end to that era."

this time even Taehyung couldn't hide the boxy smile of his. Jungkook loved this. sitting with his boyfriend on the back porch while their families were enjoying dinner inside, the muffled music seeping through the narrow crack of the gliding glass door.

"speaking of cousins, yours is totally flirting with Namjoon right now."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows while searching the room for the two.

"Jin and Namjoon ? but their both stra- yeah, no i'm taking that back - Tae, they are all over each other!"

they started a new tradition of an annual summer party at the beach house, Jungkook's and Taehyung's families got together to celebrate (there was no special reason behind it other than both their families loving dinner parties). their friends were invited as well, so one let to another and now Jin and Namjoon were sitting together on the gray couch. a little too close for "just friends", mind you.

"i can't wait for the moment when they all finally leave."

Jungkook let out a snort as the older nuzzled his nose in the crook of his neck in a sleepy manner. he brought his hand up to caress his boyfriend's cheek with his thumb. it's been so long and there were still days he couldn't believe that he was living with him. it felt a little surreal at times. that after all the moving he finally found his home.

"i thought you loved the idea of our summer party? also, they are our family Tae, don't say that."

suddenly Taehyung moved away, leaving the younger confused. that was until he saw the mischievous smile on his lips. the older was moving dangerously close again, a hand on the wood behind Jungkook, the other on the small of his back. if he moved just a tiny bit closer, the younger thought.

"i and you love them endlessly but we're still sitting here on the back porch, away from the other's. now, why is that? do you know an answer to that question, my dear Jungkookie?"

the older had been staring at his lips the entire time and only at the mention of his name, he looked up with an arched eyebrow. his gaze meeting Jungkook's wide eyes. Taehyung's sudden changes of tone were something the younger will probably never get used to. Jungkook bit his lip to suppress a smile, shaking his head shyly.

"no, you tell me."

their families did eventually go home at around midnight, leaving the two lovebirds (and their cats) alone. Taehyung didn't want to think of the big mess that was the entirety of downstairs but the dirty dishes could wait til tomorrow. the speakers in his bedroom played a song called "my favorite clothes" by rini, from a playlist Jungkook had made a while ago.

"you look really good in my sweater but i have a feeling that you'd look even better without it."

not even a heartbeat later the sweater was off, dropped mindlessly on the floor in front of the bed. the younger brought his hands right back up, his fingers carding through the curls of Taehyung's hair, while the other left a trail of hot kisses down Jungkook's neck. their bodies were pressed together, moving as if they were one. flowing like the water of the sea, in deep blue.

the younger got more tattoos over the past few months, abstract black lines decorated his entire arm, showing parts of stories that only Jungkook knew. and Taehyung loved it. loved how cool the other looked with his tattoos and full set of abs. and he loved the way the younger turned submissive and into a small whimpering mess once he laid his hands on him. and the older knew exactly where to put his hands, where to kiss and nip on his boyfriends skin to drive him absolute crazy. he knew his body like his own.

Jungkook lowered himself on the mattress of the bed. and he looked so unbelievably adorable with his messy hair and swollen red lips. Taehyung was so focused on the cute noises that escaped the younger's mouth, he nearly forgot that he himself was still fully dressed. but with a inpatient tuck of Jungkook's hands he eventually remembered, stripping off the material and dropping it beside the bed as well.

but muffled noises made the older stop in his tracks for a moment. they weren't coming from Jungkook under him, so where were they coming from then? the confused look of the younger assured him that he was not just imagining things. he leaned over the edge of the bed and immediately found the culprit. tangled in the white cotton of Taehyung's shirt was cat, meowing angrily. with a snort the older freed her from his shirt, scooped her up and only let her go once they were outside of the bedroom. he crouched down and cupped the cat's head in his large hands.

"not a cool move cat, don't you dare do that again - i thought we were buddies!"

with that, Taehyung hushed her downstairs before going back into the bedroom. he made a mental note to never leave the door open again. once he climbed back into bed, a hesitant look made it's way on his face before he dared to ask.

"did she ruin the moment?"

Jungkook didn't even have to think about it, when he cutely shook his head. the pout on his lips made a smile spread across Taehyung's face, replacing the unsure look as he crawled back in between the younger's knees. he only whispered a low and husky 'okay good' before connecting their lips again.