one.

miserable america - kevin abstract

+++

if you had told 14 year old Jungkook that his life would turn out this way - he would've ended it right there.

6 years ago, that was the time he found out. when he discovered the part of him he hated for such a long time. the part he had tried to get rid off. the part he hid for all those years.

he liked boys.

it was that simple. but it has made his life so much harder.

Jungkook won't lie, he often hoped it wasn't true. that it was just a phase like his mother said. that he just thought boys were handsome and nothing more. that he would wake up the next morning and it was gone. just a dream.

he threw a few clothes in his black sports bag, killed his piggy bank and stuffed the green banknotes in his pockets. he didn't have much time. the moment his dad would notice that his son was gone, he will probably lock his bank account so he had to find the next atm as soon as possible.

Jungkook never planned on running away. he had liked living at home. his parents were pretty rich, they never struggled financially. but after 3 nights of his mum trying to pray his gay away and his father calling him all sorts of names - he gave up. he just couldn't take it anymore.

"i'm off to soccer practice!"

the plan was simple. he had told his parents that he would start playing soccer. his dad was super proud. his hopes high that Jungkook would become "a real man" and he would stop reading his mother's fashion magazines. but the boy would never show up to practice. heck - he didn't even know where the field was.

as he was about to close the door he heard the deep purr of his cat. it stared up at him with it's big eyes. Jungkook glanced back in the house to make sure no one saw him. he picked it up. he couldn't help it. his cat was the only friend he had in his family. the only one that didn't mind that he liked boys.

he pressed the fragile body agains his chest. buried his nose in the warmth of the black fur. only when his vision became all blurry, he realized that he was crying. again. it was a wonder that he still had tears left. he quickly wiped them away with the sleeve of his gray sweater. there was no use in crying.

328$.

that was all he had in his bankaccount. plus the 217.86$ from his piggy bank made a total of 545.86$. not much considering the fact he just ran away from home and was planning to live alone. he sighed and sat down on a nearby bench. the cat making itself comfortable in his lab.

Jungkook felt so unbelievably lost. he just left the place he had called home for all those years with no plans of coming back. it was the last weekend of his spring break. 2 more days until he had to go to uni again. he groaned. how was he supposed to survive ?!

the boy stood up again, walking a few miles further away from his old house, scared his parents would find him. he only stopped when he heard the ocean's calm waves. the sun hanging low in the sky, when he finally saw it. the wide blue of the water.

he laid his bag down on the last patches of grass before the sand and beach started. sat down besides it, hugging his cat tightly. his feet felt like they were about to fall off.
he watched the sky turn from pink to lilac to the deepest shade of blue and black. counting the stars until his eyelids became heavy.

that was his first night alone.