two.

your graduation - modern baseball

+++

if you had told Taehyung this morning, that the cute black cat he had found would lead him to someone he hasn't met in 6 years - he would've called you crazy.

but here he was. with two cats in his arms in front of his middle school best friend, Jeon Jungkook. he hasn't changed at all. amber eyes, jet black hair, overall dark outfit - it must be him.

"Jungkook? do you remember me? it must be ... what - 5, 6 years? Kim Taehyung, we were like best friends in middle school!"

Jungkook who had been desperately searching for his cat for about 2 hours now, straightened up. his eyebrows furrowed for a second before he recognized the face. he broke into a shy smile, remembering his school years.

in front of him was really Kim Taehyung - the guy that made him realize that he was gay.

"i see you found my cat."

"oh it's yours? it was playing with my cat on the porch of my house."

Taehyung nodded towards a white beach house close to the spot where Jungkook had slept earlier. he remembered driving by a lot, he never knew the other lived here. the older saw his confused face.

"i moved here for university. do you live here?"

"remember when i suddenly moved away after middle school? we moved here. the house is up the hill."

Jungkook had moved away from their town when he was 14 because his dad had found a better job. it was all of the sudden and there was no time left for him to tell his friends where he moved to. and since non of them had a phone back then, there was no way of communicating.

they fell into an awkward silence. the older was petting his cat while the other was making little wholes in the sand with the tip of his shoes. Taehyung was thinking hard how to start the conversation again. it was weird how in middle school they couldn't stop talking to each other and now they didn't even know how to do small talk.

"how is your cat called?"

how is your cat called? what a conversation starter Taehyung...

"uhm i just named it - cat."

"you call your cat ... cat? wow how creative."

"pff ... how is your cat called?"

"snowball."

"so you laugh about my name but call your white cat - snowball? talk about creativity."

they both laughed for a moment. Taehyung could feel raindrops on his skin. at first just a few but they got more in no time. Jungkook picked up his cat that was trying to run away again, lowkey regretting taking it with him.

"do you want to come in?"

Taehyung could see that the younger hesitated for a second but he shrugged it off.

"no ... thanks but i'm on my way to a friends house."

"oh okay ... uhm do you want to exchange phone numbers? so we can stay in touch again."

"sure."

so Jungkook stayed a little longer. tapped his number in Taehyung's phone. the older gave him a small wave as he pulled the hood over his head, put his cat in one of the bags and walked away.