thirtyone.

the night we met - lord hudson

+++

"10! 9! 8! ..."

the days went by way too fast. just in a few seconds Jungkook would say goodbye to the old year and greet a new one. and to think that he would do all that at the side of his boyfriend felt amazing. butterflies across his whole body.

while the spectacle of colors lit up the night sky, the couple only looked at each other. smiling into it, when their lips met. it was just as exiting as the first time when Jungkook was able to taste the sweet flavor of Taehyung's lips. the night when they were stargazing. back then, the younger saw a shooting star, only one. he wished for non other than Taehyung. and that may sound selfish, but he didn't mean it in a 'boyfriendy' way (even though that would have been, and currently is, the perfect outcome). no, he wished for them to be close again. just like they were when they were younger. to be able to tell him everything, every little secret his mind tried to hide. he wished for him to be a person in his life, he would never have to say goodbye to. a person he would never have to loose again.

so when it was way past midnight and they were laying in bed together, Jungkook cried. his emotions an overwhelming mixture of happiness and sadness at the same time. and when he told his boyfriend about the email and that he answered it and that his aunt lived on the other side of the country, Taehyung cried too. his warm hand on the younger's face, the sound of gentle kisses in the dark room. whisper's of sweet nothings and that he should meet his aunt and that the older supported his decision.

Taehyung wanted to be mad at Jungkook, for leaving him now that he knew about his real feelings, now that the world seemed a bit brighter than before. but he couldn't. he could never be angry at the younger, not after knowing what the boy went through. and even though he didn't want his boyfriend to leave, he wanted him to meet his new family, to find peace within his soul. to know that there were people out there beside Taehyung, who loved him for being himself. he wanted him to find a safe place and happiness outside the 4 walls of the beach house. to find comfort within himself, not just in the hold of his arms.

they wanted to continue as a long distance relationship, to at least give it a try. Taehyung would do anything to keep Jungkook, do anything to know that he was still his. and Jungkook would do anything for Taehyung, do anything to not loose him again.

and when they said 'i love you' to each other that night, it felt different. alone in the moonlit room, with teary eyes and wet cheeks. this time it sounded more like a promise.