Chapter 4: New Class Trial

~ Kokichi POV ~

Pain permeated through my body. With a death glare from them and everyone else blaming me for Rantaro's death. It hurt. A lot. Rantaro was so nice, he would never hurt me and in return I wouldn't hurt him either. But for this to work....
I HAVE to lie about everything

I can't be who I really am until it's all over

I breathed, would I have cried right then and there but I shouldn't, I can't. My head spun but I held on. I heard whispers in the elevator and someone began to hold my hand.

Somehow, I kept the noise inside me and instead looked over to the person. To my delight it was Shuichi. I smiled and looked down. I'm prepared. I can do this... I have to.

For him.

I gave a smile of reassurance. The doors creaked open and I put on my act as we all stepped out of the elevator. I grinned and walked to my podium.

Everyone was terrified but I could tell, Kaede was shivering the most out of all the people here. Hah, who said no one would murder anyone? Either way, we started with the trial. Monokuma opened the trial up with his instructions. I looked over the clues I had, this is already enough to know the murderer. I wonder who's gonna blow this case open? Probably Kaede, but Shuichi is a close second.

"Ahem now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" Monokuma continued. He explained the basic rules of a class trial and we began.

"Now let's get this awesome, crazy awesome trial underway!" Monokuma announced

"So, it's starting huh?" Kaede began with a stupid yet understandable statement

"Ah-haha, oh man, I haven't been in a trial in , like, forever!" I laughed

"Oh, so you have experience with trials...?" Tsumugi shivered

"Yeah, since I'm a leader of evil and stuff. I've done a looooot of bad things." I stated evilly, even though all I ever did was pull pranks on people

So the trial began. We discussed everything from alibis to where the body was and even the First Blood Perk. Obviously we had stupid additions like "Once I cleaned my ears, they bled!" From miss red head and "Rantaro was masterminding this whole thing!" From a dumb astronaut. I added stupid statements to make everyone confused however, I did help the trial progress. Of course, not many people actually listened to me but somehow we got on with the trial. Ryoma actually helped with the trial and Shuichi did too.

"It's very likely the mastermind knew about Kaede and Shuichi's trap" Korekiyo added an interesting point of view

"The mastermind knew about our trap this whole time?" Kaede said, surprised

"This case may have become the perfect crime, thanks to your hidden cameras, the mastermind knew about your trap and exploited it to commit their crime" Korekiyo explained

"So after the mastermind lured Rantaro and murdered his ass... they used Kaediot and Poo-ichi's hidden cameras to arrange the perfect crime!" Miu added, finally coming up with something smart

"Did they really take advantage of our trap though?" Kaede said in astonishment

"Is this really...the perfect crime? Are we in an unsolvable mystery?" Shirogane panicked

"I guess this is a dead end.." Himiko started giving up.

Sometime later Akamatsu took initiative and I sighed. When will we actually get to do something interesting, ugh. The way Kaede spoke is motivating but oh my god, can she say something of value?!

"Then here it comes-the cold, hard truth!" I interrupted her speech

"Huh?" Kaede tensed up

"I already figured out who killed Rantaro." I said that, although I'm stuck between two suspects

"W-what?!" Monokuma started sweating bullets, honestly this is kinda funny

I tuned out right about now and I didn't bother listening to the garbage mascots who had no funding. I decided to keep adding to the trial until we came to a stop. Everyone was convinced that Shuichi had done it but he was with me, he couldn't have done it. Then I convinced them that he couldn't have done it.

Kaede said something very interesting, it convinced me that she murdered, but there was a fault in her testimony. The way she threw the shot put meant that it would end up in the trash can, and yes it was in the trash can. So she couldn't have done it. Then there's only one person who could've murdered, Tsumugi. If Kaede gets executed, this means Tsumugi is the mastermind and is hiding her guilt.

Kaede "confessed" and everyone believed her. Shuichi exposed her completely and many were at a total loss for words. Everyone looked so... defeated. There was lots of crying and upset. I chose to act remorseful, not adding the snide remarks that I usually would. She obviously wanted to kill the mastermind, I think she might have come close.

After a while of sobbing, Monokuma yelled that it was punishment time. Shuichi cried out to her but it was too late.

The machine grabbed her by the neck and dragged her to a big stage and proceeded to play piano with her hanging body. Her face turned from red to purple to blue and she stopped struggling. The blood trickled down her fingers, there were wounds on her hands from struggling. She hung, lifeless. A piano came crashing down and her body was smashed under the piano along with one of the many worthless budget mascots.

After that, only one thought lingered on my mind. Could Tsumugi be the mastermind? If Kaede couldn't have killed Rantaro, then it MUST have been Tsumugi. Tsumugi noticed Rantaro was in her way and, us running out of time, she had to act fast. Kaede's shot put ball flew into the trash and she produced another one and killed him. The issue is, she wasn't murdered. Kaede was. Kaede is not the blackened and we should've all been killed, but instead, she was. Tsumugi used Kaede as a scapegoat for her crime so the mastermind didn't have to die.

We all rode up on the elevator while dead silence filled the air. I was convinced by my own theory now. Shuichi of course, got punched by Kaito. He was looking down while someone was giving me a death glare. Oh god, please don't let them hurt me again. I kept a collected facade and stared at the door. The door opened and everyone left, including me. I came into my room and barricaded the door so that they wouldn't hurt me. Then I lay down on my bed and cried, huddled in my warm blankets. The pain of not being able to be myself in this game hurt so so much. I wish I could just disappear.

A/N Finally I finished a chapter! This took a long time, sorry if the end is rushed. I'm not dead and I will keep posting lol. Hope you're doing well! Have a good day/night ❤️