epilogue

third person pov (? dk how povs work oops)

Chris and Anne's wedding went off without a hitch. It took countless and interviews for Harry and hours of damage control to move on and explain why exactly he had been kissing his soon to be step sister. 

The happy couple was on the dance floor while Harry stood off to the side. He was looking around for Madison, he had missed her these past few weeks. 

After a few minutes he spotted her sitting down at a table a few feet away. As he walked over to her he smiled slightly to himself. She looked stunning in her bridesmaid dress.

When he had reached her he wasn't totally sure what to say, but he managed to breathe out a small 'hey'.

She looked up abrputly, shock to see Harry there evident on her face. Madison quickly tucked her hair behind her ear and stood up to meet her new step brother.

"Hi," Madison felt weird talking to him. She missed him and she still loved him. But what was done was done. There was no going back.

Harry smiled at her again, "Wanna dance?"

Madison wasn't sure if she should, but Harry didn't seem to need an actual answer as he was already dragging her out on the dance floor.

"I've missed you," he mumbled setting his hands on her waist. "And you look beautiful today. The wedding was wonderful."

She simply nodded, not sure what else to say. "I know. You look great too, as always."

They moved in silence for a few minutes before Madison spoke up again, "When are you heading back on tour?"

He frowned. His and the boys 'vacation' had been cut short due to the demand for their shows for their next album. He replied, "Um, August 24 I believe. About 2 months."

"Funny story, Mads," he laughed, "You know how Luke was in a band? Louis had tweeted about them and convinced our management to have them open for us on tour. So I'll get to spend the next 8 months with your ex there."

Madison crookedly smiled, "That's.. random. Lucky you then."

Harry's eyes caught Madison's and the tension between them became unbearable. "Madison, you know I didn't want to have to end things between us. My life is just too screwed up for something like this to work. We'd be the scandal of the century."

"I understand," She sighed, "It wasn't your fault. It was simply bad luck."

"Someday though Madison, we will be together again. When the next music fad comes in and One Direction fades into the background. We'll have our time, I promise you."

This time Madison smiled for real, "I can only hope our time comes."