7

*{HARRYS POV}*

I woke up around noon, well really about 10.

I just didn't get up until noon.

I probably wouldn't have gotten up anyway if it wasn't for the fact I was starving.

Last night was.. weird.

I mean, I hesitated, thank god. But standing in the hallway with her I just felt such a strong pull. Of course, Madison gave me a look that clearly demonstrated her confusion. And then I chickened out and ran away. 

After that she didn't say anything; she wouldn't even glance up from her plate at dinner.

Then she'd gone straight upstairs and locked herself in her room.

I'll admit, that was a close one. I want my mum to be happy with Chris..... but if I'm into Madison, I'll never get a shot if they get married. 

But seeing her with Luke... I didn't like it. I couldn't control myself... She could do better. 

I walked downstairs to see my mum in the kitchen.

"Morning honey," she said looking up from her cooking.

I guess my confused and sad expression showed on my face because she immediately put the knife down and pulled me into a hug.

"Harry, what's wrong? Did you have a fight with one of the boys?" she asked.

I sat down shaking my head.

I couldn't very well explain I was upset because I had a massive crush on Chris' daughter.. that'd be too weird.

"Just annoyed with some fans is all," I lied.

She believed me and went back to her cooking while I went over to the pantry and got out some cereal.

I felt my phone vibrate in the pocket of my robe.

don't come get me. someone else is giving me a ride home -madison.

Probably Luke...

***

I saw a car pull into the driveway, though unless Luke had 2 cars, it wasn't him.

Madison and a girl with straight dark hair climbed out.

I heard the door open and I climbed down from the windowsill I'd been sitting on.

I flew open the fridge in an attempt to make it look like I was just getting something to eat, not watching them come in.

I heard the sound of laughter coming down the hallway till I saw the 2 girls standing in the kitchen.

"Hi," I managed.

The dark-haired girl stepped forward, she looked a bit like Zayn.

But like a girl version.

"Hi, I'm Kelsey, you must be Harry." She smiled.

Mads must not have mentioned how she hates my guts.

I nodded as my mum walked in.

"Hi, Madison! How was school?" She asked clearly oblivious to the tension.

"It was okay.. but um we're just gonna go upstairs and study a bit." and with that, she grabbed Kelsey's wrist and pulled her out the door.

"Bye Harry! Bye Mrs. Styles-er- Fayes!" Kerry called out.

Mum turned to me giving me the 'what the hell have you done' look.

"I'm just gonna.." I tried to make a quick exit.

"HARRY EDWARD STYLES." I heard my mum call and I knew there was no getting out of this one.

I turned around preparing to be yelled at.

"Harry.." She began, "I'm not going to ask what you did to that poor girl but I'm going to ask you to fix it. She's been through a lot with her mom and all, Harry. She needs someone like you."

Don't I know it.

"I'll try," I told her.

Mum gave me one more look before leaving the kitchen.

"Okay Harry. Let's do this." I told myself.

I walked upstairs towards Madison's room.

I knocked on the door my hands shaking.

Mads open the door her face turning into a glare when she realized it was me.

"Can we talk?" I asked looking down at my feet.

"No." She started to close the door but I stopped it with my hand.

"Please Mads. Just 5 minutes." I begged.

Reluctantly she sighed and told Kelsey she'd be back in a few minutes.

She stepped into the hall with me, "Go. 5 minutes."

I took a deep breath, "Okay Madison I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have dumped the responsibility on Ashton. And... I'm sorry if I was being weird in the hallway. I didn't want you to leave the skate park before, I wanted you to stay and hang out with me"

I looked at her face for some sign of emotion.

Nothing.

"I don't know what came over me Mads... I guess I just got jealous of Luke. You were so excited to hang out with him and I wish we could be closer."

"Harry.." she spoke, "I don't know what is going on with you, and I'm not really sure if I want to know...."

"I know," I cut her off, "I know I've been weird and I probably shouldn't say anything but I'm just going through some stuff... You see, I like this girl, but it's complicated. I'm struggling to deal with it."

She held her gaze before slowly turning away.

"Mads.." I reached out.

"Harry," She said, "it's fine. I forgive you, just please let me know next time. I have a responsibility to Jackson. And as for that girl... How can it be complicated? Can't Harry Styles just get whoever he wants?"

No, unfortunately, he cannot because the one girl he wants attention from is his soon to be stepsister. But I didn't say that. 

"It's just complicated. She has a boyfriend... and I wouldn't want to mess up our budding friendship"

Part of me was hoping she'd get the hint... but the other part of me was screaming at my brain to shut up. I doubt she feels the same way, she's so into Luke. But... maybe she would?