24

MADISON'S POV

As soon as the words left my mouth I felt a rush of relief. Breaking up with Luke was the best solution to this all, now all I had to do was really go through with it.

"Are... Are you serious, Madison?" Harry asked me not meeting my eyes.

I took a deep breath nodding, "Yeah, look Harry, I can't do this to you anymore.. and.. Well, I think you're just the one I want to be with. Luke isn't the right one for me right now, you are."

Harry took my hand in his opening his mouth to speak, only he was cut off by the familiar Australian accent of my boy- er ex-boyfriend.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath before spinning around, "Luke."

He smiled before hugging me tightly. "Sorry it took my so long, there was a bit of traffic."

"It's alright," I gave him my best smile.

"Hi, Harry," Luke nodded in which Harry only gave a small wave back to.

"So, Madison I was thinking about-"

"Luke, can I uh talk to you for a second?" I cut him off. If I didn't do it now I would lose the one ounce of confidence I did have. 

I grabbed his hand leading him away from Harry and everyone else at the party.

"What's up, Madison?" He said once I'd stopped walking.

"Luke... This isn't easy to say, but I um... I just... I can't do this whole thing with you and me... Not now." I managed.

"What?" His voice cracked making me wince.

"It's just.. the whole thing with the wedding going on, I need to focus on it more with Jackson and my dad. I'm sorry Luke."

He was silent for a moment before speaking up, "There's someone else isn't there. It's Harry."

He looked up at me, his usually happy blue eyes replaced with sadness. "Luke I-"

"What is it about him? Is it because he's famous?" He continued. 

"No Luke, look I do really care about you I just-"

"Save it Madison!" He cut me off his voice getting louder. "I could be there for you with all of this family stress and crap! I could help you! I know that's not the real reason, I'm not stupid. It's because you have a crush on your fucking stepbrother! Do you realize that you guys could never really work?"

"Luke, stop. Honestly, I don't want to hurt you I just-"

"Obviously you did since you kept leading me on like this. I'm fucking in love with you Madison Fayes! What the hell am I supposed to do knowing you never felt the same way? Was this is all just some game?" A mixture of hurt and anger washed across his face.

"I love you too, Luke," I said quietly, "I never meant to hurt you. I really do care about you... I'm just confused."

The sadness in his eyes disappeared. "You played me, Madison. You're going to regret this."

He stormed off and I sat down in the grass shakey from what had just happened. Harry rushed to my side as soon Luke was out of sight pulling me into his lap.

"God, Mads, I''m so sorry. This is all my fault." He sighed.

I shook my head, "You're worth it, Harry. I'm just worried about what he might do now that he knows... What if he goes and tells the press?"

He shifted underneath me before clearing his throat, "Well um... I guess this is as good as time as any to say this. You remember when I went out with Julia?"

I nodded turning myself so I faced him.

"When I dropped her off, she tried to kiss me. And I didn't let her. She yelled some shit at me and told me she was going to tell everyone about our families becoming one family..." He trailed.

"It's okay, Harry." I finally said. "It was bound to happen eventually."

"I love you, Madison, I hope you know that. And I will do everything I possibly can to keep you out of the spotlight. I'll do whatever it takes to make you smile." He told me lacing his fingers with mine.

I felt myself smile, "Thank you, Harry. You really are the best... And, I love you too." The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them and I could feel myself blush.

"I really wish I could kiss you now." He laughed.

I took a look around the area we were in, no one was around us.

"You can," I whispered.

He pressed his lips to mine softly, only to pull back at the 'click' of a camera.