23

HARRY'S POV

"What was that, mate?" Niall finally asked after Madison had walked off.

I ran a hand through my hair, "I don't even know, Niall."

I knew I got so jealous so easily, Madison just didn't understand what it was like to see someone you loved be loved by someone else.

Fuck, that doesn't even make sense.

"Niall, I need your advice on something."

"Harry... If this is about Madison do not ask me. You know how awful I am when it comes to girls - I always screw up." 

I sighed, "Please. I know you've got great ideas when it comes to getting a girls' attention. Remember when we were in Spain?"

"Harry," He laughed, "The only reason she talked to me was because I fell down the stairs right in front of her. And once she saw you she realized who I was.."

I bit my lip thinking how I could get Madison to see the situation my way. 

"Harry!" I heard my mum shout. I spun around to see her standing there along with Chris, Jackson, Madison, and 2 older people who I assume are Mads' grandparents.

"I'll be back in a few," I said to Niall before going over to join my family.

"Harry," Chris introduced me, "These are my parents - George and Nora."

"Hello, Harry." Nora said, "It's wonderful to meet you! We've heard so many wonderful things about you. We understand you're a bit of a celebrity?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm in band with some other lads called One Direction. My friend Niall from the band is here today as well."

"Oh how nice! I hope to meet them one day. Now, don't you have a sister as well?" Nora continued, I could tell she liked to talk.

"Yes," I smiled, "Her name Gemma. She should be getting home this week from University."

Nora nodded and George spoke, "Thank you for joining us today, Harry. I know this is probably a little overwhelming to you - I went through the same thing when my father got remarried."

"It's been a little rough, but Chris has been nothing but kind to me. Plus Jackson can always make me smile and Mads and I have grown fairly close." I replied looking at Madison. She refused to meet my eyes and instead had them fixed on my shoulder.

"Well that's good you've all grown close as a family!" Nora exclaimed. "Madison Rose, have you shown Harry around at all?"

Mads shook her head, "No um, he's been a bit busy with Niall.."

"Well how about you show him the garden and such, then you can introduce him to Connor, James, Casey, Leah, Tristan, and the others?" Nora continued, "They're her cousins, Harry."

I nodded again, "Sure, I'd love to meet them all."

"Madison, did you have a friend coming as well? Since Harry has Niall I mean." Mum asked Mads before we could walk away.

She slightly smiled "Yeah, he should be here soon."

He? Fuck, she invited Luke. 

And only because I didn't tell her she could bring someone. 

Nora, George, Chris, and mum went off to talk to some more people and Jackson ran off to go hang out with his cousins or someone, leaving Madison and me.

"Mads," I broke the silence, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Niall was coming or you could've had someone come. I know that was a dick move. But look you know I really like you - and for once well... I just wanted it to be you and me. No Luke."

She looked at me softly, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said what I said. I can imagine how it feels to have to watch Luke and me - and I can't do that to you anymore."

"What're you saying?" I pressed.

"I'm going to break up with him."