15

*{HARRYS POV}*

I ran my hands through my hair taking a deep breath.

I needed to talk to someone, only I couldn't do that without having to explain much more than I wanted to.

If I went to my mum, who knew about my past, I'd have to explain to her about Madison..

And then she'd end up taking me back to therapy out of fear of my past which no doubt would send the media into a frenzy.

And the boys... They didn't know about my past or at least all of it.

Except...

Niall.

I had to go see Niall.

I slipped on some jeans and a shirt.

I glanced at the clock, 3:45.

He should be home, as far as I knew his only plans for our break was to sleep.

Grabbing my keys off the counter I headed off to talk to the one person who knew both sides of the story.

****

I knocked on the door only to have it opened by a very flustered Niall.

"Harry!" He practically gasped, "What-what are you doing here?"

"I um... I needed to talk to someone." I told him looking down at my shoes.

He nodded letting me inside.

"I um, I'll be right back." He told me before dashing into the kitchen.

I could hear faint whispers coming from the kitchen.

"Harry's here!" I recognized Niall's voice.

Another voice responded, but I couldn't quite make it out though it sounded female.

"Fine, just stay in here," Niall said again before I heard footsteps coming back into the living room.

Niall didn't have a girlfriend... Did he?

I mean he'd tell me, right?

"Sorry bout that," he said sitting down next to me, "What's up?"

"I um.." I couldn't say it.

"You what, mate? It's okay, whatever it is Harry." He pushed.

I closed my eyes, "Niall, I brought the blades out again. I didn't cut, but I feel myself slipping"

I waited for some type of shout or reaction, but all I got was silence.

I opened one eye just to look at his face, but he had his head in his hands.

"Niall?" I asked.

He sighed, "Harry... I-I thought.."

"I did too, but I guess I was wrong."

I explained to him what about last night, me and Madison's fight leading up to the reason for me cutting. And then our run-in this morning.

"I haven't felt like this in years Niall," I whispered, "Not since Isabelle."

"I know Harry, but I shouldn't be the one you're telling this to."

I looked at him quizzically, "If not you then-"

"You have to tell Madison you like her!" He blurted.

My heart slowed.

I knew I needed to... I just.

"But what if she rejects me, Niall? I can't take more rejection. More pain, not from someone I love so deeply."

"It's hard putting yourself out there Harry, it's scary for everyone. But if you never take the risk... You'll never know what could've been." He replied.

I let out a little laugh, "Since when did you get so deep?"

"I've always been like this, Mr. Styles. I frown upon you for not noticing." He joked.

For the first time in what felt like weeks, I smiled.

I heard a buzz and Niall pulled out his phone.

"Um, you should probably head home Harry. I.. I've got to go somewhere tonight," he told me.

I knew he was lying, Niall was an awful liar.

Nonetheless, I left his house driving back to my own.

I understood if he wasn't ready to talk about his 'girlfriend' or as I was assuming. I mean, Niall's never had a girlfriend really in the time we've been together, so I didn't question his secrecy.

*****

No cars in the driveway, still no one home.

I walked upstairs to hear the sound of some music softly blaring, Madison of course.

I stood outside her door contemplating whether or not I should go in and talk to her.

Niall was right, I needed to tell her how I felt.

I knocked on the door loud enough for her to hear over the music.

The song was muted and there was some shuffling before the door opened and Madison stood before me.

She looked at me expectantly, and I was a loss for words.

"Hey," I managed to squeak out.

"Hi," she replied leaning against the door frame.

God, where do I begin?

"What?" She asked me.

"Did I say that out loud?"

She nodded and I felt the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Harry," she mumbled, "I um, I'm sorry about last night. I overreacted, it was an accident you told dad, I know you didn't mean to get me into trouble."

She fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist, the bracelet I'd given her and I felt a rush of confidence in me.

"I'm sorry Mads," I reached for her hand, "I would never do something to purposely hurt you like that. But I um, I need to tell you something and I'm not sure how you're going to take it."

She brought her eyes back up to meet mine.

"This may sound totally bizarre, and you may hate me for it but I need to say it. Before something else comes up," I rambled.

"What is it Harry?" she whispered, "You can tell me."

But I couldn't.

I couldn't find the right words, "There's no easy way to say this Mads," I told her.

"But Madison Fayes, I think I'm in love with you."