Chapter 14

"The boys on the football team were talking about a stupid fucking bet, and I yelled at them for it, I didn't join," E.J. says as Nini and Gina walk around his room. 

"Then why did Ricky freak out?" Nini asks. 

"He probably just heard someone talking about it; I swear to god I wouldn't do anything to hurt Ricky," E.J. says before covering his face. "Let me go, apologize, please," E.J. whines. 

"No," Gina says. "You need to wait," Gina says. 

"If Ricky sees you within two days of this, he will go into a full-blown panic attack; you need to give him two days," Nini says. 

"Why would he go into a panic attack?" E.J. asks. 

"When his mom left, any sign of her for the first two days would make him think of horrible thoughts, and then he would pull himself into a panic attack," Nini sighs. "It was bad; I really don't want anything bad to happen, so please give it two days," Nini says. 

"Ok, I'll give it two days," E.J. sighs. "What if he comes to me, though?" E.J. asks. 

"Then you can explain," Gina says. 

Nini nods, and E.J. sighs. He falls back on his bed and covers his face. "I swear, you guys, I didn't mean for any of this to happen; I love Ricky so much," E.J. says, tears coming to his eyes. "What if he doesn't take me back," E.J. asks as he starts to cry. 

"If you just explain, he will understand," Nini smiles. 

E.J. nods, and he looks up at the ceiling. "So you guys wanna stay or gonna go somewhere else?" E.J. asks. 

"You have a chief, right?" Gina asks. 

"Yeah," E.J. says. 

"Can we use him for food?" Nini asks. 

E.J. laughs and nods. "Yeah, sure," He says. He laughs as the two girls runoff. E.J. grabs his phone, and he starts to scroll through the photos he has of Ricky. He sighs to himself before setting his phone down and shoving his face into a pillow. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day at school, Ricky didn't show up, thankfully. Everyone had heard about the breakup, and many people were surprised. Others were happy and were planning on asking Ricky out. E.J. tried his best to get through the school day; making sure he scolded his teammates during lunch was one thing he did. He really just wanted the two days to be over so he could find Ricky and explain everything. That day thankfully, was calm, so E.J. didn't have to deal with a lot. 

The next day Ricky showed up. It was a hectic day. He had to hold himself back when he saw anyone trying to talk to Ricky. He also had to hide himself when he saw Ricky, and thankfully Ricky didn't see him. Ricky almost saw him one time, but he quickly ran into the closest bathroom; thankfully, it was the males, so no screaming happened. When the school day ended, E.J. was preparing himself to see Ricky soon.  He just needed to wait until his practice ended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E.J. knocks on Ricky's front door and sighs. Soon Ricky's dad opens the door, and he looks at E.J. "Hi Mr. Bow-" E.J. didn't get to finish cause the door was slammed in his face. E.J. sighs, and he starts to knock again. 

"What!!!" Ricky's dad says as he opens the door. 

"I need to speak to Ricky, please," E.J. says. 

"You don't get to speak to him after what you did," Ricky's dad says before he starts to shut the door. 

"Please, Mr. Bowen. It was a misunderstanding; I wasn't in the bet at all, I swear," E.J. says. Ricky's dad looks at him before he sighs. "The guys on my team were talking about doing one, and I told them to stop, I swear, I guess Ricky heard them talking about it, Mr. Bowen, please, I would never hurt Ricky," E.J. says. 

"I don't know what kinda bet it was, and I'm not even gonna guess, but Ricky is heartbroken," Ricky's dad says. 

"Mr. Bowen, please, I love Ricky, I just wanna tell him the truth," E.J. says. 

Ricky's dad sighs. "Alright, but you gotta go get Ricky food first; he hasn't eaten anything all day," Ricky's dad says. 

E.J. smiles, and he quickly runs to his car. "Thank you, Mr. Bowen," E.J. says before he gets in the car and drives away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky sighs as he hugs his stuffed bunny. He missed E.J. He missed E.J. a whole lot. He shoves his face into his bunny and cries more. He had no idea when he was gonna get over this, but he knew it wasn't gonna be anytime soon. He lays on his side and looks at his bunny. "Your all I got," Ricky mumbles before hugging it again. 

He jumps when he sees his door open. "Dad, I don't need any fo-," Ricky stops what he's saying when he sees E.J. "Get out," Ricky says before quickly looking away, so E.J. doesn't see how big of a mess he is. 

"Ricky, let me explain," E.J. says. 

"No, you don't have to explain. I know you just wanted to win that stupid bet," Ricky yells.

"Ricky, that's not it," E.J. says. 

"Oh, then what is it? You wanted to get close so one of your friends could fuck me and win," Ricky yells. 

"That's not it," E.J. says. 

"Then you wanted to get close to me to just break my heart," Ricky says, tears coming down his face. 

"I wanted to get close to you because I wanted to Ricky; no one told me to," E.J. says before setting down the food he had in his hands. "What you heard was wrong; I would never join a stupid bet to have sex with you," E.J. says before walking over to Ricky. 

"Then why the hell did your friends say they were gonna give you money?" Ricky asks. 

"They were having the stupid bet, I told them not to, but they didn't listen, Ricky, I swear I would never ever join a bet like that," E.J. says before sitting next to Ricky. 

Ricky wipes his eyes and looks down at the ground. "How do I know you're not lying?" Ricky asks. 

"Ask my teammates, ask Nini and Gina," E.J. says. Ricky sighs, and he looks at E.J. "You have to believe me, I love you, Ricky," E.J. says before cupping Ricky's face and wiping away a few tears. 

Ricky looks at him and smiles a little. "Fine," Ricky mumbles before leaning in to kiss E.J. 

E.J. smiles as well, and he kisses Ricky back. When he pulls away, he smiles and grabs Ricky's hips before moving him to his lap. "I love you," E.J. smiles. 

"I love you too," Ricky smiles before he hugs E.J. "But if I find out it was cause of a stupid bet, I'm letting my dad kill you," 

E.J. chuckles, and he kisses Ricky's cheek. "It's not a bet, I swear," E.J. smiles. 

Ricky nods and soon gets off E.J. "I see you brought me food," Ricky smiles before going to the bag. 

"That was the only way your dad would let me in," E.J. chuckles. 

"Then he was doing some good thinking," Ricky smiles before he eats the food. 

E.J. smiles, and he watches Ricky. "I swear I will never hurt you again," E.J. smiles. 

"You better not," Ricky smiles before walking over to E.J. and sitting down next to him. He eats more of the food and leans on E.J. 

E.J. smiles and kisses Ricky's head. "Love you," Ricky says, his mouth full of food. 

"I love you too," E.J. says. 

JKahfjhajfhhajfhjaf