Chapter 5

During their last cheer practice before the football game, E.J. came halfway in and walked up to Gina. "Can I steal Ricky from you?" E.J. asks. 

"Why?" Gina asks before looking at E.J. 

"I'm taking him on a date," E.J. says, making Gina laugh. 

"Really?" Gina asks. 

"Yep, I won a bet," E.J. smirks. 

"Ricky!!! E.J.'s stealing you," Gina yells. 

Ricky looks over at the two and soon stands up. He grabs his bag and walks over to the two. "Let's get this over with," Ricky sighs. 

E.J. smirks, and the two walk towards the door. "Have fun on your date," Gina yells, quickly getting the attention of everyone in the gym; they all watch Ricky, some glaring and some laughing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two didn't go anywhere fancy they just went to the local diner. "Thought we should get to know each other more before I take you somewhere fancy," E.J. smirks. 

"Who says there's gonna be the next time?" Ricky asks. 

"Oh, there will be; no one can resist my charm," E.J. smirks. Ricky rolls his eyes and looks through the menu. The waiter came over and took their order, leaving the two to talk now. "What's your family like?" E.J. asks. 

"I have a dad who's pretty chill and a mom who lives in Chicago who I could care less about," Ricky says. "You?" Ricky asks. 

"My parents are always traveling, I got an older sister, and oh, I have a cousin who would love you," E.J. smiles. He stares at Ricky for a little and smirks. "You are really cute," E.J. says.

Ricky rolls his eyes and looks away quickly, trying to stop a blush from coming to his face. "Shut up," Ricky mumbles. 

"Aw, you're already falling for me," E.J. laughs, making Ricky quickly glare at him. E.J.'s laughing dies down soon, and Ricky sighs. "Why did you wanna be a cheerleader?" E.J. asks. 

"Oh um, Nini kinda forced me to," Ricky says. "Why did you wanna play football?" Ricky asks. 

"One my dad, and two I just love it," E.J. chuckles. "What's your relationship with Nini, by the way?" E.J. asks. 

"Oh um, we met in kindergarten through our parents, and we were friends ever since, well until middle school when we started to date, we both found out we were gay so," Ricky smiles, laughing a little bit. E.J. smiles at him and chuckles as well. "What's your sister like?" Ricky asks. 

"She's ok," E.J. says. "She took care of me when my parents weren't there, so there's that," E.J. sighs. "Why does your mom live in Chigaco?" E.J. asks, quickly changing the subject. 

"Oh, she kinda just left, my dad won't tell me why I kept asking, but he just wouldn't budge, so I gave up," Ricky laughs. Their food soon came, and the two stopped talking so they could eat. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't think you hate me," E.J. says as they get into his car. 

"What?" Ricky asks. 

"You act as you hate me, but I know you don't; you're just trying to prove you hate all jocks," E.J. smirks. 

Ricky looks at him before sighing. "Maybe you're ok," Ricky mumbles. 

"Hm, what was that?" E.J. asks. 

"I said maybe you're ok," Ricky sighs before looking at him. 

"Ha, I get to tell people you think I'm ok, you think a jock is ok," E.J. laughs. 

"Just take me home; I have to get ready for the game," Ricky says. 

"Can I watch?" E.J. smirks. 

"No," Ricky says before glaring at E.J. E.J. just laughs and drives off to Ricky's house. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for this; it wasn't so bad," Ricky says as E.J. parks the car in front of Ricky's house. 

"No problem," E.J. smiles. The two sit there awkwardly, and soon Ricky sighs and kisses E.J.'s cheek. He leaves the car quickly and runs into the house, leaving E.J. just sitting there, basically paralyzed. "Holy shit," E.J. mumbles. He drives away, still very stunned. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game that night, E.J., was why they won, he was doing great, and Ricky knew why. The party that night Ricky did not go to. He went straight home, so he didn't have to deal with E.J.'s teasing. He thought he was clear from not E.J. but of course, at around 1 am, E.J. had climbed up to his window somehow and knocked. 

"Holy shit!!" Ricky yells as he sees E.J. He sighs before he walks over and opens it. "Yes?" Ricky asks. 

"You didn't come to the party; it was boring," E.J. says before climbing into the room. "Also, what was that kiss on the cheek for? Are you really already falling in love with me?" E.J. teases. 

"Oh hush, that's usually what happens at the end of dates, ok; I was going along with it," Ricky says before sitting on his bed. 

"Nah, I think it's cause you have a crush on me," E.J. smirks before sitting next to Ricky. 

"I will kick you out of the house," Ricky threatens. 

E.J. rolls his eyes and lays back on Ricky's bed. "I wanna get to know you more," E.J. smiles. 

Ricky sighs and lays back as well. "Alright," Ricky smiles a little. 

 E.J. didn't go home that night. They just talked until Ricky fell asleep. Of course, E.J. played with Ricky's hair and smiled at the sleeping boy. But when he realized it was kinda creepy, he tried to fall asleep as well. 

Oof.