Chapter 11

Ricky's eyes go wide, and he sits up. "What?" Ricky asks. 

"Your mom's home," Ricky's dad sighs. "You can stay at a friend's house if you want," Ricky's dad says. "We're probably gonna be fighting, and I don't want you to deal with it," Ricky's dad says. 

"I'll stay at E.J.'s then," Ricky smiles. 

"What is he there with you?" Ricky's dad asks. 

"Yeah," Ricky says, a little confused. 

"Put me on speaker," Ricky's dad says, making Ricky sigh. He turns the speaker on and looks at E.J. "E.J., no funny business tonight; I'm trusting you not to do anything to my son," Ricky's dad says. 

"Alright, no funny business," E.J. smiles. 

"You better sleep on the floor," Ricky's dad says. 

"Yes, sir," E.J. chuckles. 

"Alright, have fun," Ricky's dad smiles. "Ricky, if you want to come get clothes, get them now; your mom shouldn't be here for about an hour," Ricky's dad says. 

"Alright, love you, Dad," Ricky smiles. 

"Love you too," Ricky's dad smiles. 

Ricky hangs up the phone, and he sighs. "Alright, let's go," Ricky sighs and stands up. E.J. stands up as well, and the two leaves E.J.'s house. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When E.J. parked the car, Ricky smiles and walks inside. But what he heard was not what he expected. He heard screaming, so his mom was already here. He sighs to himself and sneaks upstairs. Ricky probably guessed it was from his mom being home. 

"You shouldn't be here!!!" Ricky's dad yelled. 

"I wanted to visit my son!!!" Ricky's mom screams back. 

"You don't even care about him; you left cause he was gay!!!" Ricky's dad screamed. Ricky's eyes went wide from this. He had no idea why his mom left, and now he now knew why. Tears came to Ricky's eyes as he packed clothes up. 

"Fuck," Ricky mumbles as tears came down his face. He kept hearing screaming from his parents, and he needed to leave. He ran out of his room and out of the house quickly into E.J.'s car. 

"Faster than I thought rea- you ok?" E.J. asks as he saw tears coming from Ricky's eyes. Ricky doesn't respond, so E.J. quickly drives away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When E.J. parked the car in front of his house, he looks over at Ricky and watches as he slowly starts to sob. E.J.'s eyes go wide, and he gets out of the car and runs to Ricky's side. When he opened the door, Ricky jumped into E.J.'s arms, and Ricky holds him tight. "Let's go inside," E.J. says before he grabs Ricky's bag and shuts the car door. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E.J. sets Ricky down on his bed and sits next to him. Ricky's sobs died down, and he wipes the tears coming down his face. "You wanna talk about it?" E.J. asks. 

Ricky nods slowly and looks down at his hands. "I just found out why my mom left," Ricky mumbles. He looks up and E.J. and laughs a little. "She left cause I was gay," Ricky says while laughing. 

E.J. looks at him confused, but he quickly hugs Ricky when Ricky broke into sobs. "It's gonna be ok," E.J. mumbles. 

"N-No, it's not," Ricky says before pushing E.J. away. He stands up quickly, obviously mad. "I'm the reason my parents got divorced; I'm the reason they're not happy when they're with each other," Ricky yells before moving a hand up to his hair. "I knew I shouldn't have said anything," Ricky mumbles, tears still falling down his face. 

"Ricky, your not the reason; obviously, they got divorced cause your mom's a piece of shit; you guys are better without her," E.J. says before standing up. He grabs Ricky and pulls him close. "I know how you feel," E.J. says.

"You don't know how I feel," Ricky yells before pushing E.J. away. "Your parents are happily together," Ricky says.

"You think I don't know how you feel?" E.J. asks. 

"Yeah, your family is perfect," Ricky says before he wipes his eyes. 

"My family is nowhere near perfect," E.J. yells. "My parents work, so they don't have to deal with each other all the time, my sister she's gone; when I told her I was gay, she moved out," E.J. yells before glaring at Ricky. 

Ricky looks at E.J., quickly surprised. "I-I didn't know," Ricky mumbles, tears coming to his eyes again. "Shit, I'm sorry," Ricky says. 

E.J. sighs and grabs Ricky's arm. He pulls him on the bed and sighs to himself. "I know," E.J. says before making Ricky look at him. He wipes away Ricky's tears with his thumbs and smiles. "Family's suck," E.J. smiles. 

"Yeah," Ricky laughs a little before he starts to wipe away his own tears. 

"Come on, wanna go make cookies?" E.J. asks. 

"Yeah," Ricky smiles before standing up quickly. "You can cook, right?" Ricky asks. 

"Maybe," E.J. smiles. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They're done," Ricky smiles as the oven goes off. E.J. looks over at Ricky and chuckles at how much cookie dough Ricky was eating. 

"Did you save me any?" E.J. asks, making Ricky freeze. 

"Um," Ricky says as E.J. pulls the cookies out of the oven. He sets them on the counter and sighs. "I have a little left," Ricky says, looking into the bowl. 

E.J. just rolls his eyes and walks over to Ricky. He looks in the bowl and takes whatever he can. "At least I'll have some of the cookies," E.J. smiles. Ricky nods at this, licking the spoon which had cookie dough on it. "Really?" E.J. asks. 

"What, hey, I made the cookies," Ricky pouts. 

"Let me have a little," E.J. says. 

"No," Ricky says, making E.J. roll his eyes. 

"Alright," E.J. says before he picks Ricky off the counter. Ricky laughs at this and sets the spoon down. 

Ricky smiles at E.J. and wraps his arms around E.J's neck. "How light am I to you?" Ricky asks. 

"Very," E.J. smirks. 

"You play football, so that's why," Ricky smiles. 

"Or maybe it's cause your small and light," E.J. smiles; he kisses Ricky's cheek. 

"Shush," Ricky grumbles. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Ricky wore a turtleneck, and holy hell, everyone started guessing if they had done it. 

"You guys finally do it?" Gina asks. 

"No," Ricky says. 

"They why are you wearing a turtleneck?" Nini asks with a smirk. 

"He left a few marks ok, but that's all we did," Ricky whines. 

"Sure," The two laugh making Ricky's face go red. 

"I swear," Ricky grumbles.