Chapter 13

Nicole made sure her makeup didn't reveal that she had been crying and then she fixed her hair and dress. She would not give him the pleasure to let him see that his actions had got to her, no way. With a deep inhale and then a loud exhale she walked out of the ladies room only to be met by Vincent who was waiting outside for her. Nicole stopped in her tracks, put her hands on her waist and as she stared at him she said "I can't see your whores anywhere, did you lose them?" Vincent merely gave her a small but mocking smirk but when Nicole gave him an equally mocking smirk and said "Or are you just done disrespecting me?" his smirk disappeared. Within seconds Nicole found herself pressed against the wall and trapped between Vincent's arms. She knew she had somehow hit a nerve and it made her smirk grew even more.
"I'm done disrespecting you?" Vincent said through gritted teeth and Nicole shook away the hair covering her face so that she could look him straight in his eyes.
"Done disrespecting me, humiliating me, punishing me? Please, pick whatever verb you think suits the best!" Nicole said back harshly and made an attempt to push away Vincent without any success. He on the other hand looked at the woman in front of him, her eyes were darker than he'd ever seen before but he didn't move.
"So you have nothing to say to your defence?" Nicole said after Vincent being silent for a while he let out att dark chuckle and then said with a mocking tone, copying Nicole "To my defence." That was all he needed to say to push her over the edge, Nicole completely lost her temper and before she could think it through her hand collided with Vincent's cheek. His eyes had darkened in such a way that they could have had both grown men and women beg for their life but not Nicole. She was way too angry, she was furious.
"You bastard. Why don't just kill me when it's so obvious that you don't want me around? Is it to hurt me like I hurt you? Then let me break it down to you Vincent, you'll never be able to hurt me like I hurt you! Want to know why? Because in order for me to be as hurt as you were I need to love you and mark my words Vincent Giovanni. I will never love you again so why don't you just put that gun of yours to use right here, right now? " Nicole threw her hands around as she spoke just like Italians were famous for doing when they got angry and Vincent took a step back. Luca and Charlie had witnessed everything but to their luck no one else was around. Nicole should have felt terrified but instead she found herself smirking to herself as she saw Vincent's red cheek but she quickly stopped as she saw his stern face and empty eyes.
"Was that all for tonight?" Vincent asked emotionless and Nicole felt the anger building up inside her again. That ignorant, nonchalant, masochistic douche, hadn't he heard anything she had said? Any other reaction that this non-reaction would have satisfied Nicole, she had wanted him to go crazy but he was calmer than he'd been before and she hated it. God, she hated him.
Vincent listened to Nicole's silence, said "Good. Charlie, take her home." and then he walked upstairs again without as much as a glance in Nicole's direction.
Charlie gave her a nod and said "Come on, let's go home." Nicole wanted to spat out "Home" with as much despise that she could but for what. Charlie had been nothing but nice to her during this whole time, he didn't deserve her anger. Vincent did but he had left without addressing anything that she had said. Poor Michel because if he really believed that his son could be healed he was completely wrong. There was no help for men like Vincent, none at all.

Nicole broke down the moment she had closed the door to her bedroom behind her. She wasn't sad but she was frustrated, she felt dumb for thinking that she'd actually get to Vincent with her words. She took the bag with the books and let them all fall onto the bed, she needed a distraction and what was better than a really heavy book to get lost in. Nicole looked at the titles but her eyes didn't stop at one of the books, it landed on the small piece of paper with the handwritten text If you need someone to talk to ;). Nicole stared at the piece of paper for a while before bringing it inside the bathroom together with the small bag she had hidden from everyone. She locked the door and took a deep breath before unpacking the cellphone, not the smartphone, but a cellphone because they were non-traceable. A few days ago she had ordered a phone online and tricked Luca that she was picking up books she had bought online when she picked it up from the post office. Nicole typed the number, wrote a short message and then turned off the phone again and hid it away.

Vincent had left the club shortly after Nicole together with a blonde girl who practically had thrown herself at his feet as he passed by. He usually didn't do one night stands like this but he was out of touch, he couldn't get Nicole's word out of his head. The blonde girl who's name he'd forgotten a second after she'd said it unbuttoned his shirt and then his belt before kneeling down in front of him. Nicole's voice echoed in his head Done disrespecting me, humiliating me, punishing me? Please, pick whatever verb you think suits the best! and he hauled the blonde girl up from her knees, turned her around and bent her over.

You bastard. Why don't just kill me when it's so obvious that you don't want me around? Vincent took a firm grip of the girl's hips and made a first thrust while still hearing and seeing Nicole in front of him.

Is it to hurt me like I hurt you? A new thrust. The blond stranger let out a loud moan and Vincent closed his eyes, he imagined the girl being Nicole and immediately felt himself getting harder.

Then let me break it down to you Vincent, you'll never be able to hurt me like I hurt you! His thrusts became harder and came faster as he still imagined Nicole being in his bed, being the girl moaning loudly in front of him.

Because in order for me to be as hurt as you were I need to love you and mark my words Vincent Giovanni. Vincent slowed down, opened his eyes and was brought back to reality and all of a sudden the girl's loud moans made Vincent irritated because Nicole would never sound like that. He wasn't hard anymore so he put on his boxers and took out a package of cigarettes. The girl turned around and sent Vincent a flirty smile "Is there a problem?" Vincent shook his head. "No, just get out of here." and walked out on the balcony to lit his cigarette. The blonde girl looked confused at first and then she giggled and followed him outside "Oh honey, you can't just kick me out in the middle of the night?" She embraced him from behind with her naked body as Vincent exhaled a cloud of smoke.
"Never call me honey again. There's a cab outside, take it and get the fuck out of here." The tone in his voice was warning and made the girl let go of him, pick up her clothes and stumble out of the room without saying anything.

Vincent sat down on the balcony with only his underwear on and buried his head in his hands in an attempt to get rid of Nicole's voice echoing I will never love you again so why don't you just put that gun of yours to use right here, right now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A pretty messed up chapter or what do you think?
Have they hit rock bottom yet or can it get even worse?

Keep reading to find out and let me know what you think;)

Ps. My studies start again now so the next update will probably be in two weeks, thank you for your patience. It means everything!

Love,
Mary