Chapter 3

Nicole woke up early and went down to the kitchen where a woman was doing the dishes.
"Good morning." Nicole said and opened the fridge and the woman nodded "Good morning, dear."
Nicole smiled towards the elderly woman and said "What's your name?"
"It's Wendy, dear."
"Have you worked here a long time?" Nicole asked curiously and Wendy put down the last plate.
She smiled "Yes dear." and Nicole smiled back, it was something about her that reminded Nicole about Annie. Oh Annie, Nicole would do anything to see Annie right now.
The elderly woman excused herself and Nicole prepared her breakfast and brought it with her outside. It was a beautiful day and after she had finished her breakfast she closed her eyes and faced the sun.
Nicole was still wearing her pajama and she opened her eyes, she needed clothes and maybe a few books.

A few minutes later she walked down the stairs and opened the door. Nicole walked to one of the cars and said "To the town, thank you." but the driver didn't move instead he said "I'm sorry Mrs.Giovanni. I can't drive you there."
Nicole rolled her eyes "Tell Vincent, I'll walk to the town then."
"I wouldn't do that if I was you." Luca said behind her and Nicole turned around to face him.
"Am I allowed to leave the estate in your company?" Nicole asked mockingly and Luca answered "No. You're not allowed to leave the estate at all."
She snorted "I get it, this is my punishment. I'm a prisoner in my own so called home. Lovely." and pushed by Luca but stopped behind him.
"Do me a favor and let Vincent know that his wife wants a talk with him." Nicole said sickly sweet and then she walked back inside without as much as a glance back at Luca and the driver.
Nicole was furious and she decided to take a bath to clear her thoughts.

Vincent glanced at the caller-id and when he saw Luca's name he sighed, Luca was at the estate keeping an eye on Nicole so it had to be something with her.
"Well, tell me." Vincent said and leaned back in his chair.
"She tried to go to town today, to buy clothes I believe and she wants to have a talk with you."
Vincent smirked but then he rolled his eyes
"I'll talk with her when I feel like talking with her."
"She's furious." Luca tried and Vincent said "Oh, let her be. It won't help."
During Nicole's bath she had realized one thing, if Vincent was doing business on her father's territory and found out that first of all they weren't married and secondly that Vincent hadn't managed to keep her safe, Vincent would be a dead man.
She smiled to herself because now she had a way to confront Vincent at least if he wanted them to still be married in public.
Nicole had spent the day by herself and now she walked towards her old bedroom but to her irritation she discovered that the door was locked.
She hated that man and reluctantly she walked to their common bedroom but to her relief the room was empty.
Nicole sat down on the bed and figured that Vincent would have to return to the estate sometime and when he did she would confront him.

Vincent never came to their room and Nicole was furious again, something she believed she would be as long as she lived in this house. She walked out of their room to find Charlie or Luca because she doubted Vincent would be here.
They were nowhere to be found but then she saw Wendy and said "Wendy, do you know where Charlie or Luca are?"
Wendy smiled "Charlie is in the gym,dear. And Luca is at the office." and by the confused look on Nicole's face Wendy added "I'll show you."
They walked downstairs and Nicole followed Wendy through the corridors, already lost as Wendy stopped they were standing in the door to the gym.
"Thank you, Wendy." She just smiled and disappeared. Nicole stood in the door and she spotted Charlie working out topless and just as she stared at his body he saw her.
"Like what you see huh?"
Nicole quickly looked away but thankfully she didn't blush "I have a question." Charlie walked towards her, his body was toned and if he hadn't been Charlie she would have admitted that he was hot.
Charlie crossed his arms and waited for her to continue "Where is Vincent sleeping? It's not in our room, that much I can tell you."
"Some nights he doesn't return from the office." Charlie said avoiding the question and Nicole snorted.
"Yes, I understand that but do you want to hear what I think? I think he has a bedroom of his own and I want to know where it is if that's the only way for me to contact my so called husband."
Charlie remained quiet for a while and then he said "It's next to his office here." and Nicole thanked him and left to get some sleep. She was exhausted after staying awake the whole night.
Charlie knew Vincent would probably scold him when he found out but it was time they talked with each other. They were too alike and even if Charlie would never say it out loud he believed that Vincent and Nicole were made for each other.