Chapter 5

Nicole hadn't seen Vincent since she confronted him but honestly she didn't mind. Nicole had had quite a nice week. She had eaten lunch in the town, went jogging in the park, taking a few swims and red a lot.
Today was the day when Vincent's family would arrive but right now she was sitting in the kitchen eating lunch.
Wendy was cleaning the kitchen and during this week they had developed a good relationship and Nicole had discovered more similarities between Wendy and Annie.
She had gotten to know Wendy and now Nicole knew that she wasn't just any housekeeper she was practically Vincent's mother.
"Wendy, could you tell me about the family? Vincent hasn't told me anything."
Wendy stopped cleaning and sat down in front of Nicole "Well, what do you want to know?"
"I'd like to know who are coming tonight."
Wendy smiled "Sure dear, Vincent's father, Michel Giovanni. He's a stern man but he'd do everything to protect the one he loves. Then there's Marco, Vincent's brother. He has always been kind of hard to deal with. And Rico, he's a funny man, you'll like him."
Wendy said and Vincent walked into the kitchen before Nicole could ask any further questions.
"Wendy." Vincent said and kissed Wendy on the cheek before Wendy left the kitchen.
"You have two brothers?" Nicole asked and Vincent hummed.
"You've never told me about them." Nicole continued.
Vincent was leaning against a kitchen counter
"There's a lot of things I haven't told you about and never will."
Charlie walked into the room "Wow, you need to rehearse your roles as wife and husband."
Vincent and Nicole both sent him a glare but Charlie didn't care.
"Maybe you could start with a nice conversation."
"Want me to slap you again?" Nicole said as she stood up and left and Vincent rolled his eyes at everything.
They wouldn't convince his family. This would go straight to hell.
How was he supposed to pretend to love a person who despised him and vice versa?

Vincent's family would arrive in twenty minutes.
Vincent was standing in hallway waiting impatiently for Nicole to come downstairs.
Nicole gave herself a last glance in the mirror, she looked elegant with the black sparkling dress, black pumps and a bit of makeup.
She walked down the stairs and Vincent followed her with his gaze.
"Like what you see?" Nicole asked with a stern tone but Vincent didn't answer.
Instead he took out a little box and gave to her
"From now on, wear this."
She opened the little box and looked at the beautiful ring and it was certainly very expensive.
Vincent pulled a hand through his hair and murmured so that Nicole wouldn't get the wrong idea "I bought it for the wedding."
Without saying anything Nicole slid the ring onto her finger.
Just then they could hear a car park outside the house.
Vincent and Nicole made a formal nod towards each other like they were saying "let's do this."

They walked outside and Vincent quickly wrapped his arm around her. It still sent shivers through her but she shook them off.
As the men stepped out of the car she smiled.
Vincent wasn't smiling but he rarely did so it wasn't a surprise.
The first man who approached them was older and had a stern look on his face.
Nicole recognized him from their wedding but they never got the chance to spoke.
"Son, it's nice staying here." He said and gave Vincent a pat on the shoulder before turning his attention towards Nicole.
"I am Michel Giovanni. Finally I get to meet my beautiful daughter in law."
Nicole smiled towards him "Thank you sir, I and Vincent look forward to have you staying here with us."
Michel gave her an approving nod and the next man came into view.
He was taller than Vincent and had an amused grin playing on his face.
He wasted no time and pulled his brother into a hug.
"Vince! Too long fucking time since last we saw each other!"
"Language." Michel said making both Rico and Vincent chuckle.
It was the first time Nicole had seen Vincent smile in some way apart from smirking mockingly at her since she had been forced here.
Vincent straightened up and put his arm back around Nicole "Rico, this is my wife Nicole Giovanni."
Rico's eyes turned to Nicole and he kissed her cheeks. "Pleasure. I see why you've been too busy to see me." Rico said with a wink towards Vincent who actually gave him a small smile.
If they only knew the truth he thought to himself.
Nicole could see how Vincent's face turned expressionless as the last brother walked up to them.
"Brother." Vincent said and the brother who Nicole assumed was Marco gave Vincent a slug smile.
"I've missed you. You look healthy."
They stared at each other for a moment until Marco moved his gaze to Nicole.
She shifted under his gaze and Marco took her hand and kissed it "I'm Marco. I see Vincent has got himself a wife and not an ordinary one."
Nicole fought the urge to talk back and simply just smiled and removed her hand to take Vincent's hand then she hugged his shoulder.
Vincent was surprised by the sudden affection but wasted no time in intertwining their hands and give Nicole a kiss on the forehead as she said "Yes, he has."
"I've heard the infamous Nicole Vintali has quite the temper."
Marco looked at Vincent for a reaction but before he could speak Nicole said with a light voice "Well, I'm Italian." making Rico laugh and Michel smile.
"Now let's go inside and have dinner." Michel said and thereby broke the silence between the brothers.
Nicole and Vincent walked into the dining room.
"You'll have to do better than this." Vincent whispered even tough she was doing great.
"I'm not the only one who'll have to do better."
Nicole retorted whispering as Vincent pulled out her chair for her.
Vincent was seated to Nicole's left and to her right was Rico.
Wendy was sitting next to Vincent talking with Michel who sat next to her and on the other side of the table next to Michel sat Marco.

When the first course had arrived Vincent stood up making everyone go silent.
He cleared his throat and said "Me and my beautiful wife would like to welcome you to our house. We hope your stay will be pleasant."
Vincent had his hand on Nicole's shoulder and everyone raised their glasses to cheer.
Nicole took a sip and as she put it down she saw Marco observing her.
Marco didn't look away instead he gave her a small smirk which Vincent noticed.
He kissed Nicole's cheek as he sat down and she forced herself to give him a smile even tough every time he touched her she wanted to pull back.
Nicole remained mostly quiet during the dinner apart from answering a question or laughing at something Rico said.
Wendy had been right, he was indeed a funny man.