Chapter 2

Vincent had left Nicole minutes after their short exchange and she hadn't seen him anymore.
Her question remained, why was he taking her back if he wasn't going to kill her?
The car came to a stop outside the big mansion with the beautiful garden and someone opened the door for her, no one she recognized. "Follow me Mrs.Giovanni"
Nicole's eyebrows shot up in surprise because the man had called her Mrs.Giovanni and they weren't even married, she wasn't even wearing her ring.
They walked through the house but the man didn't stop outside her room instead he kept on walking until he reached another door and opened it for her.
The room was larger with a larger bed in the middle, a bathroom and a large closet with a few sets of clothes. What didn't make sense was why there was suits for men hanging in the closet.
Nicole had so many questions but no one was there to answer them so she decided to go find Vincent. On her way through the house she was met and greeted by several men and maids who all called her Mrs.Giovanni. Why would they call her Mrs.Giovanni now? Would Vincent accept it if he heard them addressing her like she was his wife?
As she passed her old room she hesitated outside the door before walking in, it was unchanged and looked exactly like she had left it. Quickly she shut the door, she didn't want to think about the memories that threatened to show themselves.
As she walked into kitchen she saw Charlie sitting with his computer by the kitchen table.
"Charlie." Nicole said and got his attention but he didn't smile like he always used to "Hello Nicole, nice seeing you."
"Where's Vincent?"
"Not here." It didn't surprise her and Nicole sat down opposite to Charlie who didn't look up "How has life been during these months?" Charlie sighed and shut down his computer because he realized she wasn't going to leave him. "What do you want?" He asked.
"I want answers. Why am I here if it's so obvious that he doesn't want me here?"
"You'll have to ask Vincent about that." Charlie answered and Nicole said sending him a cold glare "How am I supposed to do that?"
Before Charlie could answer Nicole asked a new question "Can you at least explain why people are addressing me "Mrs.Giovanni?"
Charlie gave Nicole a mocking smile "Because you're married."
"Married?" Nicole gave him a disgusted look and Charlie nodded still smiling that mocking smile.
"Yes. Since four months, you got married in the states and had your honeymoon there." Nicole couldn't believe this "How many knows the truth?"
"You, me, Vincent and Luca." Even more unbelievable, Vincent was fooling his own family and her family, why?
"Why?" Nicole asked and Charlie said "Ask your husband."
"Don't call him that." Nicole said trough gritted teeth and murmured to herself "We're supposed to share bedroom?"
Charlie's smirk grew "That's right then it's easier for you to please your husband whenever he needs or wants you too."
Nicole couldn't fight the urge so she slapped him across the cheek and left immediately, she was furious and she didn't like the answers she just had got.

"Well, she knows about your marriage now." Charlie said as he burst into Vincent's office and Vincent rolled his eyes. "You just had to tell her." Vincent said irritated.
"She asked why people addressed her as Mrs.Giovanni. She's not stupid and frankly she can be quite scary." Charlie said with a shrug as he sat down in one of the chairs.
"How did she react?" Luca asked not looking up from his phone.
"I'm happy she's not my wife, she has quite a temper, it's the Italian blood." Charlie answered and pointed at his red cheek.
Vincent had to admit that he was surprised over the fact that she had slapped Charlie, during her time here before the wedding she would never have done that.
Vincent had noticed a change in her behavior, she was more confident and she didn't seem afraid of him and he wasn't sure if he liked it or not.
"Maybe you should talk things through with her." Charlie suggested but Vincent just snorted "Enough. Just keep an eye on her."
Vincent's attention turned to Luca who said "We've been receiving the same letters and I have reasons to believe it's from someone on the inside."
"Any idea who?" Vincent asked even if he had ideas of his own on who it could be.

It was getting late and Nicole walked upstairs. She walked into her old bedroom and locked the door. She had no intentions on sleeping in their common bedroom.
Nicole changed into a pajama, brushed her teeth and laid down in the bed. She stared at the ceiling and thought about how weird this was.
Yesterday Nicole had been in New York chatting with her colleague and best friend about her wedding and now she was a prisoner in the home of apparently, if to believe Charlie, her husband. A minute later she let sleep take her away.
Hours later Vincent came home from work and he went into the living room and poured himself a drink. "Vincent. This came today." It was Wendy, officially their housekeeper but she was the woman who had raised him, she was like a mother to him.
"Thank you Wendy." Vincent said, took the letter and sat down in one of the armchairs.
It was the same style as the letters Vincent had received and he opened the letter.
His eyes scanned the paper which said "Congratulations to the marriage Mrs.Giovanni. You're supposed to be back from the honeymoon now. My wedding gift to you is freedom if you accept the gift."
Vincent tore the paper in pieces and finished his drink before he went upstairs towards his own bedroom.
On his way he passed their common bedroom and opened the door but Nicole was nowhere to be found. It only took him a minute before he realized where she was sleeping and he smirked to himself because tomorrow she wouldn't be able to sleep there, that he would make sure.