Chapter Nineteen

Regina and Emma decided that they didn't have to decide on anything at the moment. Regina knows she's not ready for a relationship, her husband only passed away nine months ago. However, she also knows that Emma is an extraordinary soul and she can't possibly push that woman out of her life.

So, live.

They are going to live life and whatever is, shall be and they aren't going to stress or obsess over labels or the future. They are simply going to live each second to the fullest, take advantage of being alive, and breathe in the moment.

"I-oh-wow," Emma stammers as her feet abruptly halt behind Regina, who is leaning over the bathroom vanity, gliding a deep cherry red lipstick across her bottom lip.

Regina's eyes crawl away from her own lips to meet Emma's bulging eyes in the mirror. "You're never going to catch a buzz tonight if you can't even keep the drool in your mouth."

Emma's mouth immediately snaps shut before she produces an audible gulp that sets Regina's skin on fire. She isn't quite sure when the last time she felt this overwhelmed with lust. Yes, she loved her husband dearly, but they had been married for fifteen years and that burning fire of passion had settled. They were still very intimate and in love, but it's been fifteen years since she has felt that adrenaline, that buzzing, static electricity of pure lust. Those moments where her heart feels like it's going to burst through her chest from hammering so hard or she's constantly breaking out in chills from the unexpected touch.

"Sorry, you just...you look...muy caliente," Emma says, persuading Regina's eyebrows to skyrocket in amusement.

"Muy caliente?"

"Yeah, you have this whole Latin Lover, deep in Havana Nights thing going on," Emma awkwardly rambles as her eyes soak up the coral, spaghetti-strap dress that slightly flares just beneath Regina's bottom, perfect for spinning in and catching everybody's attention. Regina can feel the temperature rising in her blood with that predatory glint sparking in Emma's emerald irises. "And the deep lipstick...and those hoop earrings. Yup, your father is definitely gonna murder me by the end of the night," she solemnly confirms, but it only inspires Regina to chuckle. "Does he have a shotgun lying around here somewhere? I should probably go hide it."

Regina quickly spins around on her stilettos and leans against the vanity, her fingers curling around the marble to keep her hands from wandering. And they are itching to wander because Emma is squeezed in the tightest black jeans possible with those damn suspenders and this forest green t-shirt that still has a collar and a pocket and Regina isn't sure if it's dressy or casual. For the first time ever, she really doesn't care what the fashion attire is, she just wants her hands all over it.

"Am I...underdressed?" Emma shyly questions when she notices she's under Regina's inquisitive survey. She stuffs her hands into her front pockets as she rocks nervously and damn those suspenders for stretching and flaunting so seductively in Regina's face.

"No, not at all. Actually," she hums, her gaze trailing down to admire Emma's slim physique beneath those suspenders, "these are quite sexy," she compliments, finding the courage to glide her index finger beneath one of the straps.

She's going to pretend she doesn't notice how Emma holds her breath as the back of her nail skims down Emma's torso.

"Is this flirting now?" Emma blurts out, encouraging Regina's dark gaze to flick back up to Emma's curious eyes. "I mean, you always confuse me. You always sound like you're flirting, but I'm not really sure if that's just how sexy your voice is? But now, this is flirting, right? We can openly do that now."

Regina seriously regards Emma for a moment before her lips crack into a warm smile and she releases a hearty chuckle. Emma's nervous compliments are all the ego boost Regina needs to grip those suspenders and tug the woman closer.