s e v e n

"Louis! Welcome." Mum exclaimed, dragging both of us into the kitchen to sit. "I'm so happy you could join us."

"Me too Mrs. Watson." He grinned, sitting down next to me. "y/n did amazing today."

Mum nodded proudly and squeezed my shoulder, "I'm so proud of you both. Y/n's father would be so proud." I saw tears filling her eyes. I had long forgotten my father. He left us. Me and my mum. With nothing but her career.

"Well he isn't here to see." I forced a laugh and louis looked at me consolingly. I looked away and added, "what's on the menu."

Mum looked at me sadly, "My famous lasagna." She went to the kitchen counter and pulled out a tray. She flashed a smile and sat back down.

We all took a slice and started on eating it. I hadn't realized how hungry I had become.

"Well Louis, where do you go to school?" She asked, taking a few bited of her lasagna.

"I go to Alleyn's School. But I'm almost done with year 13." He shared,

Mum nodded approvingly, "That's nice, that's nice."

I watched mum examine him closely. I mean she never really knew Noah. But Noah was my boyfriend.. And Louis was my friend. I was waiting for that question. Waiting, waiting, wait-

"So are you guys dating?"

I almost spit out my lasagna. But there it was.

He blushed profusely and said , "No ma'am." Mum gave me a side eye look which I returned happily. I mouthed, 'really?'

"Well I have to ask!" She defended and I just shook my head.

The rest of the dinner was full of basic questions, about Medici, Enola Holmes, the script and cast and other basic questions that you ask one of your childrens 'friends'.

"I have to go, my mum asked me to be home by 10." He claimed, getting up from the seat, "Thank you for the dinner Mrs. Watson."

Mum nodded happily , "No problem. You're always welcome here. I'll be upstairs reading." She said the last part to me, and left so me and Louis were all alone.

"I'm sorry she interrogated you." I joked, as we walked to my front door.

"Nah it's okay." He grinned, "I'll see you tomorrow on set!"

It seemed like he wanted to say something else, but I really couldn't ask what he wanted to say. I looked up at his fluffy brown hair and his subtle smirk placed on his lips. There was definitely some tension in between us.

"Uh- okay well Bye." I broke the tension, which made it suddenly awkward.

"Bye!"

"Bye!" I waved goodbye to him and closed the door, staying there for a moment and relooking things over. I was probably just imagining the tension there. And now I have made it awkward.

Louis' Pov:

"Maybe you should just make a move." Millie (partridge) suggested, as I explained what had happened at dinner today. "I'm sure she likes you."

I shook my head, "And what if that ruins our relationship?"

"Men are so clueless." She closed the cheez-its box she was eating out of and went to her bedroom.

I opened my phone to instagram, I hadn't posted in a long time. I scrolled through my feed, and saw the 'Enola Holmes? New movie with stranger things star- Y/n watson and Millie Brown?' post. I had gained 2,000 followers in 3 days. I wonder what would happen once the movie came out. And we hadn't even started filming my scenes yet.