Chapter 4-Mustang

Ed's forehead was dotted with sweat as my flames licked across his body for the fifth time. In the beginning he had screamed and groaned through the pain, but, even without the agony-filled noises, the glazed over eyes screamed all his pain for him. Tears that refused to be shed sat just behind his eyelids. His nails still dug deep into Winry's forearm, scarlet blood starting to leak from the small wounds.

It didn't matter that Ed refused to cry, Winry cried for him, her salty tears making small pattering noises as the hit Ed's metal arm. Hawkeye stood, silent, in the doorframe, anxiety laced through her quiet breath. Alphonse... Alphonse had left the first time that I had attempted to cauterize his brother's wounds. His alchemy still secured Ed in place, keeping him from convulsing as bouts of pain coursed through his veins.

I had to bit the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming myself. I'm not weak, I can do this. If I can kill with this alchemy, I can heal with it.

I snapped my fingers for the last time, sparks working it's way over Ed's body. One last holler of agony sounded from the half-unconscious boy's vocal cords. The nerves sizzled and the flesh on the wound burned itself closed. The heat from the last burst of alchemy sent the temperature in the room skyrocketing. And as soon as the deed was done, Ed's eyes slowly fell shut, one last, half-hearted whimper emerging from his lips as he slipped into the peace of unconsciousness. The boy's chest started to rise and fall steadily, the muscles relaxing under the sheen of sweat.

What the hell am I thinking?

I turned away, shaking my head. Ed is the Fullmetal Alchemist, also my subordinate. I shouldn't be thinking such ill-befitting things."

That's it. Finished." I took off my white gloves, dropping them on the kitchen table. Even though I was facing away, I could hear Winry chuckle shakily and get up, calling in Al to help her move his brother. As soon as Ed was taken out of the room, my shoulders slumped ever so slightly. I walked over to the window, opening it to let the heat and smoke out of the room.Hawkeye walked around to face me, but the only thing she could muster was a smile, patting my shoulder as she walked out to join Winry, Al and Ed in the living room.

I walked the other direction, towards my bedroom. Stepping inside, I locked the door behind me, and, turning on the tap so no one would hear, I started to cry.

Only moments later, a knock echoed throughout the room.

"Just a minute." I managed to sound normal as I called through the door. Standing up, I wiped my face and turned off the tap, walked over to the door and unlocked it, walking back to my bed, I hastily grabbed a book and sat down, making it look as though I was simply reading.

"Come in, it's unlocked." I said, making sure my book was the right way up before opening it to a random page.

"Listen... Colonel, I just wanted to say thank you for saving my brother... And-And I know you like him!" He blurted out, fiddling with his thumbs. I moved my book to cover my quickly flushed cheeks.

"What makes you think that?" I asked, listening intently for a response.

"I just wanted you to know... I accept the fact that you love my brother. And I want you to know, he likes you too." Al looked up, and seeing my unamused expression, quickly left the room with hasty excuses.

"Fullmetal..." I whispered to myself. "Fullmetal returns my feelings? He likes me?" I felt like a giddy schoolgirl, which wasn't acceptable, but instead of reprimanding myself, I turned to the mirror. What a sexy, enthralling beast I am.

I left my bedroom in a much better mood then when I came in, and could feel my scars beginning to fade.Edward Elric... Likes me!

A/N

EYYYYYYYY bet you didnt expect to see me? YO EDITING IS BACK ON FOR THIS STORY SO WOOOOOOO!!!

so therefore, spelling is going to be better, GRAMMAR SHALL BE ON FLEAK.

hope everyone is doing great and thanks for reading this story an getting it to 8.9K (??) reads. LIKE WTF love you loads!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE

Hannah xx