Chapter 9

While Ellie and her friends were off doing their investigation; Damon, Klaus, and Elijah were conducting their own. Their investigation led them to an abandoned warehouse, after getting a locator spell from a witch. Klaus let out an annoyed groan and said to Damon and Elijah, "Remind me what led us here? There's literally almost nothing here." Damon replied, scowling, "Because your little witch's locator spell led us here, Klaus." Klaus rolled his eyes and said, "Now, I know where the little Salvatore got her spunk." Damon glared at Klaus and replied, "Don't talk about Ellie that way." It was Klaus' turn to roll his eyes and he said, "I was just merely complementing. Spunk is good for a kid her age." Elijah turned to the two and said, "Alright, that's enough. Do you both want to save the girl's life or not?" Damon turned away from glaring at Klaus and walked around the warehouse. As he walked around the warehouse, Damon started to think about his daughter. He held back a smile when he remembered how terrified Ellie was when he and Stefan took her to an old warehouse such as this when Ellie was young, around nine years old. Of course, being an nine year old kid, you suspect that Ellie was terrified of being the place. Well, she was. The sound of a bird flying caused the poor girl to let out a terrified shriek and ran into a corner, screaming for her father and uncle. The sight of Damon and Stefan's worried expressions would have caused someone to burst out into laughter.

Damon smiled at the memory and continued his search. All of a sudden, his phone went off and the caller ID revealed themselves to be Ellie. Damon answered his phone and said, "Hey, baby girl. What's going on?" Ellie's voice groaned on the other line and replied, "Dad, don't call me that. The others and I are going into town to see what we can find. Uncle Stefan told me to call you to let you know, he was talking with Sheriff Forbes when we left. Did you, Klaus, and Elijah find anything?" Damon sighed and said, as he went through some papers on a desk, "Uh, nope, not yet." Ellie's voice replied, "Where are you guys?" Damon said, as he began to walk around, "In an abandoned warehouse where Klaus' witch friend's locator spell led us to." Ellie's voice replied, "Wait, what did you guys use to locate?" Damon sighed and said, "I'll tell you later when I get home, okay, Ellie?" Ellie's voice let out a groan but complied to her father, ending the call, after hearing that Jeremy had found something.

With Ellie, Ellie and her friends were in town and their search soon leads them to the Mystic Falls' Cemetery. Ellie looked around the cemetery with slight disgust and fear on her face. She thought, 'Why, out of all places, did our search have to lead to a graveyard?' As she was scanning through the tombstones, Tyler called out to his friends, saying that he had found something. Ellie raced to where Tyler had called out from and found him standing in front of a tombstone. Tyler brushed away the dust and dirt from the tombstone to reveal a name. Victoria Salvatore, 1839-1989. Tyler turned to Ellie and said, "Wasn't Victoria your mom's name, Ellie?" Ellie nodded and replied, knelling down to her mother's tombstone, "Yeah, this is her." Her eyes landed on the flowers that were resting against the tombstone. Jeremy knelt down next to Ellie and said, placing his hand on her shoulder, "Someone must've been close with your mom to leave flowers." Ellie replied, nodding, "It was probably Dad. Uncle Stefan told me that he would always leave flowers on Mom's birthday, favorite holiday, her and Dad's wedding anniversary, and death day, otherwise known as my birthday. According to Uncle Stefan, Mom was the best thing that ever happened to him and Dad. But, that was when only he found the strength to talk about her." Jeremy decided that Ellie needed some time alone and ushered Tyler, Caroline, and Bonnie away from the tombstone. Ellie continued to stare at the tombstone for what seemed like an eternity until she heard the sound of someone calling her name. Ellie stood and looked around with confusion. She turned when she heard her name being called again and turned to look at her friends, who seemed to be in deep conversation.

Coming to the conclusion that it wasn't them, the teenage girl followed the voice into the nearby forest. Ellie followed the voice into the forest and stopped in front of a large river. A woman's voice said, startling the young girl, "Ellie, is that you?" Ellie turned around to see a woman with dark hair and green eyes, almost looking like her. She replied, stepping away from her, "Who are you?" The woman smiled gently at the girl and said, "I'm your mother, Ellie." Ellie shaked her head and replied, "That's not possible, my mom died giving birth to me." The woman sighed and said, "I almost forgot that you were too young to remember me. You were just born." Ellie replied, crossing her arms, "Now, answer my question. Who are you?" The woman chuckled and said, "Just as I said, I'm your mother, Victoria Salvatore." Ellie's eyebrow raised and replied, "If you were my mom, you would know my dad and uncle. Who are they and when were they born?" The woman, Victoria, smiled and said, "Your father, Damon, was born on June 18, 1839 and your uncle, Stefan Salvatore, was born on November 1st, 1846."  Ellie nodded and replied, "Yep, you're my mom. How are you here?" Victoria said, "Well, a little birdy told me that you were in danger and needed my help." Ellie replied, "What little birdy?" Victoria said, "A boy who goes by the name of Jeremy Gilbert." Ellie replied, "How does Jeremy know you?" Victoria said, "He is known as a medium, sweetheart. A medium is someone who are able to communicate with the dead." Ellie's eyes widened and replied, "So, am I one? Since you're dead and I'm talking to you?" Victoria nodded and said, "In a manner of speaking, yes."

While Ellie was speaking with her mother, her friends had noticed that she wasn't sitting by the tombstone and went looking for her. Being a supernatural hunter, Jeremy decided to use his skills and made his way into the woods. As he walked into the woods, he found Ellie talking with a woman, who almost looked exactly like her. Jeremy walked over to them and said to Ellie, nodding at Victoria in a greeting, "I see that you can also talk to the dead, Ellie. Hello, Mrs. Salvatore." Victoria chuckled and replied, "Oh, please. Call me Tori, Jeremy. I am glad that you told me what was going on, otherwise, it would have been too late." Ellie said to her mother, as Jeremy walked over to stand next to her, "What does that mean, Mom?" Victoria replied, "From what I gathered, it is not a witch coven that is after you. It's more of a woman who had a thing with your dad and uncle." Jeremy groaned and said, "Does this woman happen to go by Katherine Peirce?" Victoria nodded and replied, confused, "Yes, how do you know her?" Jeremy sighed and said, "My sister is her doppelgänger. From what I know, Katherine is the sire of Damon and Stefan. How do you know her?" Victoria replied, "During the time I was courting with Damon, Katherine was taken in by Damon and Stefan's father. Damon and Stefan's father believed Katherine's story about her being orphaned by a fire which took her family. When I was introduced to her by Damon, she and I quickly became friends until she sired both Damon and Stefan. Things went nasty after that. I'd rather avoid that subject." Ellie cleared her throat and said, "And does that have to do with me?" Victoria turned to her daughter and replied, "Katherine wants revenge, sweetheart. Unfortunately, the only way for her to get revenge would be to take the one thing that your father and uncle care about most in the world......You." With that, Ellie's eyes widened and she collapsed to the ground, unconscious. Jeremy rushed to his best friend's side, gently taking her into his arms. Victoria said to Jeremy, "You must save her, Jeremy. She is the only one in the world who can bring peace and harmony to all vampires, werewolves, and witches. If she isn't able to do so, the world will fall into chaos." After saying that, Victoria disappeared.

That evening, Damon and Stefan both sat in the living room after having dinner and telling Ellie what had gone on throughout the day. Ellie had just gone up to bed, once Damon helped her to bed. Damon sighed and said to his brother, looking at the fireplace, "What did we do to get into this, Stefan? *Stefan looked at him with confusion and Damon turned to look at him* Ellie doesn't deserve to be in this type of situation. This is the very reason why I sent her to live with the Brandon's. I knew that there would be a day where someone would try to get revenge against us and use Ellie as a scapegoat." Stefan sighed and replied, "We just have to do what we do best....stay together." Damon let out a small chuckle and said, "Our pact that we made with Tori. I can't believe that Ellie was able to see her today but for some reason I always knew that she would be a medium, through Tori's side." Stefan smiled and replied, "Yeah, I'm just glad that she isn't the only one. It's a good thing that she has Jeremy to help her." Damon nodded and said, smirking, "Yeah. Have you ever noticed that Baby Gilbert and Ellie have gotten pretty close lately?" Stefan replied, rolling his eyes, "And here I thought you would be the overprotective dad, not the one who would set his kid up with someone." Damon laughed and said, "You over complicate things, baby bro. I'm going to go check on Ellie." Stefan only chuckled and smiled as he watched his brother walk up the staircase towards Ellie's room. Damon walked up the staircase and down the long hallway, stopping in front of a door. He quietly opened the door and leaned against the doorway. He smiled at the sight of his teenage daughter sound asleep in her bed. Damon made his way over to his daughter's bed and leaned over, kissing the sleeping girl on her forehead.