Chapter 4

After school, Ellie walked out of the entrance of the school and spotted the same Mikaelson siblings, who were at Caroline's party, down the street. She saw the way they stared at her and felt uncomfortable. The girl had to come up with a plan to get away from their stares. Before she did so, she sent a text to her uncle, father, and friends. With the Mikaelsons, Klaus was staring at the young girl who strangely looked like Damon. Rebekah said to her half brother, "So, are you sure that's her? The one who will fulfill the prophecy?" Klaus replied, "I'm damn sure that's her. For some reason, she looks like that Salvatore brother." Elijah said, "Which one, Klaus? There's two of them." Klaus replied, rolling his eyes, "Damon, Elijah. Which did you think?" Elijah just sighed in annoyance, his brother was already pressing his buttons. Klaus turned back to look at the girl, only to find her gone. He chuckled with a smirk and said, turning back to his siblings, "She's a fast one for a human without vampire speed." With that, he sped away in the direction Ellie went. Ellie ran as fast as her legs could carry her to the Salvatore Boarding House. As she did so, she kept on checking to see if someone was following her. Just as she turned again, Klaus appeared in front of her, causing her to scream. She was about to scream out for her father but was stopped when Klaus covered her mouth with his hand. He took a deep breath and said, "Now, I'm gonna take my hand off of your mouth and you must promise not to scream. You're not gonna scream, are you? *Ellie shaked her head really fast* Good."

However, just as he did, Ellie took the moment to scream out for her father. She screamed out, "Daddy!!!!!!" Klaus growled in annoyance and covered Ellie's mouth. He glared at the girl and said, "You really don't listen to what you are told, do you?" A familiar voice said, grabbing the hybrid's attention, "Release her, brother. That is no way to frighten a young girl." Klaus chuckled with sarcasm and replied, turning to see his sister, "Now, Rebekah. You know that you can't boss me around." Ellie's eyes widened when the blonde haired young woman had appeared so quickly. Rebekah said, walking over to her brother, "You know that you must treat ladies with respect. Humans are no exception." Ellie watched the two siblings' interaction and her eyes widened again when Elijah appeared. Elijah crossed his arms at his brother and said to him, "Release the poor girl, Klaus." Klaus sighed and took his hand off of Ellie's mouth, stepping aside. Ellie slowly moved into the corner of the walkway and said to the three siblings, pressing her back against the wall, "Who are you people?" Rebekah chuckled and replied, "You haven't heard of us? Everyone from Mystic Falls has heard of the Original Vampires." Ellie scoffed with an anxious smile and said, "'The Original Vampires?' Vampires aren't real." Before the siblings could reply, Damon appeared with Stefan close behind him. Damon made his way over to his daughter and stood in front of her. He glared at the three siblings and said, "What the hell is going on?" Klaus replied, "We simply wanted to talk to the young lady and tell her that her life is in danger. It's none of your business, quite frankly." Damon crossed his arms and said, "Anything that has to do with Ellie is my business, as well as Stefan's. She is our little sister." While Damon had the siblings distracted, Stefan pulled Ellie away to safety, resisting the urge to use his vampire speed. His brother made him vow to never use his vampire side around Ellie. Ellie turned to her uncle and said, "What is going on, Uncle Stefan?" Stefan replied, "I'll explain later."

Just as Stefan and Ellie went to get into Damon's car, Damon's body slid across the floor and hit his car. Ellie let out a scream and watched in shock as her uncle rushed to her father's aid. Stefan turned back to his niece and said to her, "Ellie, get in the car!! Stay there and keep the doors locked!! No matter what happens, don't turn around!" Ellie was too petrified to move as she could only stand with horror on her face. Stefan yelled, grabbing his niece's attention, "Ellie!!" Ellie shaked away her fear and got into the back seat of her father's car. With Ellie safely in the car, Stefan was able to use his vampire side to protect his brother and niece. Damon regained his strength and began to help his brother fight off the Originals. No matter how hard they tried to warn him that his daughter's life was in danger from a witch cult who wanted her dead, Damon couldn't trust them. All this time, Ellie had her arms crossed on her lap and had her head in her crossed arms. She winced every time she heard the sound of punches being thrown and the sound of yells of pain. The sound of someone knocking on the car door caused Ellie to jump and scream. She let out a sigh of relief when it was her father. Ellie unlocked the car door and opened it, jumping into her father's arms. Damon released from the embrace a few moments later and said to Ellie, "Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" Ellie shaked her head and replied, "No, Daddy. I'm okay." Damon pulled his daughter back into his arms and said, resting his chin on her head, "Okay, good." Ellie had confusion on her face and replied, "Uh, Dad? Those people were talking about how a witch cult were after me and wanted me dead. What did they mean by that? I thought witches were just Halloween stuff." Stefan had overheard his niece's question and came up to his brother. Damon glanced at his brother, who gave him a look, and he turned back to his daughter. Damon knelt down to his daughter's height and said to her, "Listen to me, Ellie, okay? *Ellie nodded at her father as he took her hands into his larger ones* If there is anything that has to deal with your life being in danger, your Uncle Stefan and I will take care of it." Ellie glanced between her father and uncle and replied, "But......" Damon cut off his daughter and said, "Do you trust me, Ellie?" Ellie nodded and replied, "Yes, Dad." Damon smiled and said, "Then, trust me when I say that your uncle and I have it covered. Don't worry about what's going. Just keep on being a kid. How about we head back home? You have a band concert to get ready for and your old man needs some RNR." Ellie smiled at her father and followed him into the car while her uncle got in the driver seat, unaware that they were being watched by Elijah Mikaelson.