Chapter 27

Ellie was discharged from the hospital once again and was back in school. It seems that she's just hospital-bound. The sound of someone clearing their throat caused the teenage girl to jump and turn around, placing her hand over her heart. She sighed in relief when she saw it was her boyfriend and said, "Oh, it's just you, Jer. You scared me." Jeremy smiled at his girlfriend and replied, "So, I have been thinking. We haven't been on an actual date yet." Ellie chuckled and said, as Jeremy wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "Well, we have been busy with Katherine and me being in the hospital twice." Jeremy replied, "That's actually three times, babe. The first time was your wild side, second time was your ankle, and the third time was this accident." Ellie said, rolling her eyes playfully, "Whatever, Jer." Jeremy grinned and said, leaning against the wall of lockers that was next to Ellie's next class, "But, as I was saying. What do you say about you, me, and a picnic at the park? This afternoon at 4:00?" Ellie chuckled and replied, "What can I say but yes? Of course, Jer." Jeremy grinned and said, "Okay, I'll pick you up at 5:30." Ellie smiled but let out a squeal when Jeremy brought her into a passionate kiss. The kiss was ended by the sound of Ellie's teacher clearing their throat and the couple broke away from each other, smiling with embarrassment. Ellie smiled softly at her boyfriend before rushing into the classroom where Jeremy heard his girlfriend's band friends calling out to her. Throughout the entire day, the couple were filled with excitement as they couldn't wait for their date.

After school, Ellie rushed over to Caroline's house with enthusiasm on her face. Caroline opened the door to see her best friend and grinned. She stepped aside and said to her best friend, "What's got you all excited?" Ellie turned back to her blonde friend and replied, "Jeremy asked me out on a date today." Caroline squealed in happiness as she grabbed her friend's hands and jumped around in circles. At the sound of her daughter's squealing, Liz came into the living room and smiled at Ellie. She came over to the two girls and said, "What's with the squealing, Caroline?" Caroline turned to her mother and replied, "Jeremy is taking Ellie out on their first date." Liz smiled and said, "Ooh, where?" Ellie replied, "The park. We're having a picnic. Nothing special." Caroline placed her hands on her hips and said, "Ellie, in a relationship, the first date is the most important and special date of all. So, I'm gonna make you look like a star and Jeremy won't be able to keep his eyes off of you." Ellie just rolled her eyes with a smile and replied, "Caroline, it's just the park. I was just going to wear something casual, like what I'm wearing." Caroline shaked her head and said, "That won't do."  Liz only shaked her head with a smile and said to the girls, "You two girls have fun with that. I'm going to work." As soon as Liz left, Ellie and Caroline went back to squealing. Caroline turned to Ellie and said to her, "Let's get you ready for your first date, El."

About awhile later, Caroline and Ellie had went to the Salvatore Boardinghouse where the two friends found an outfit for Ellie. Luckily, Damon and Stefan weren't there to question what they were doing or what was going on. Now, all they had to do was to wait for Jeremy. Ellie sat at the piano as she played a song while she waited for Jeremy and while Caroline sat on the couch on her phone. There was a knock on the door, startling the two girls. Caroline jumped up from her spot and raced to the door, grinning at Ellie. Ellie only stared at Caroline, nervousness showing on her face. The blonde haired girl opened the door and smiled at Jeremy, who stood in the doorway. Jeremy smiled at Caroline and said to her, "Hey, Caroline. Is Ellie around?" Ellie came up from behind Caroline and replied to Jeremy, before Caroline could say anything, "Right here, Jer. You ready to go?" Jeremy grinned at the sight of Ellie and said, "I'm ready when you are. You look amazing, by the way." Ellie smiled and replied, "Thanks." Before the couple could leave, Caroline wanted to take a picture of the couple to remember their first date. Ellie let out a sigh of relief when they were finally able to get away from the Salvatore Boardinghouse. She only hoped that her friend didn't show the picture to her father, knowing that he would freak out. Jeremy chuckled at his girlfriend's sudden relief and opened the car door for her. He then closed it after his girlfriend got in and went to get in the driver side.