Chapter 26

Jeremy had no idea how right he was when Ellie woke up, a few months later. Ellie woke up with a shock and freaked out when she found out that her father gave her his blood. It was a chaotic day. Now, Ellie was stuck in the hospital once more. The young Salvatore was resting when there was a knock on her hospital door. The girl turned on her side to see Tyler, Matt, and Caroline walk in and smiled softly. Matt smiled at his friend and said to her, "Hey, did we wake you?" Ellie shaked her head and replied, "No, I was just resting. How are you guys doing?" Caroline sat on the bed next to her friend and said to her, "We're doing okay but we're worried about you. It was our fault." Ellie shaked her head at Caroline, taking her friend's hands into her own, and replied, "Don't....you...dare blame yourselves for this, Caroline. It was not your fault. *She turned to look at the two boys with a determined look* Neither was it yours, Ty and Matt. What happened, happened. It's in the past. I don't want you guys to worry over it." Matt glanced at Tyler and said to Ellie, "So, you're not upset about your dad giving you his blood?" Ellie sighed and replied, "Dad did what he thought he was doing was right, Matt. He's my dad. He will do anything it takes to protect me. I know that now and I'm not going to fight him over it." There was another knock on the door and a nurse opened the door, smiling sadly at the four friends. She came into the room and said, "I'm sorry for barging in but visiting hours are over for Ms. Salvatore. She needs her rest." Caroline, Matt, and Tyler all nodded at the nurse and brought Ellie into a gentle group hug before leaving. Ellie called out to Tyler, causing him to stop. Ellie gave him a smile and said to him, "I really mean it, Ty. Don't blame yourself for what happened. If I find out you did, I'll transform into my wolf side and we'll settle it that way. Werewolf to werewolf." Tyler chuckled, shaking his head with a smile, and replied, "Okay, El." Ellie smiled to herself as she watched her friends walk down the hallway, with Caroline in the middle of Matt and Tyler.

At the Salvatore Boardinghouse, the two Salvatore brothers' cars pulled into the long driveway after just being at the Mikaelsons. They needed to figure out a game plan in case Katherine showed up and decided to grace them with her presence. With Ellie in the hospital again, it was time to come with other ways to keep her out of Katherine's reach. Damon and Stefan got out of their cars and entered their home but they stopped in their tracks when they saw a familiar brunette sitting in their living room with a smirk on her face. Damon glared at Katherine and said to her, crossing his arms, "What are you doing here, Katherine? Last time I checked, you didn't have permission to get into this house. The only way you can get in here is if....." Katherine interrupted, "Is to get either Elena or Ellie's permissions. You seem to forget that Elena is my doppelgänger, Damon. Tell me, how is that troublesome daughter of yours doing? Seems that she's always getting into trouble nowadays, isn't she?" In a flash, Katherine was against the wall with Damon's hand around her neck. Stefan's eyes widened but didn't react, knowing that Damon would kill someone if they talked about his daughter that way. Damon growled at Katherine and said to her, "Stay away from my kid, bitch. If you harm one hair on her head, I swear that I will rip you limp from limp and I will have Klaus do all the rest." Katherine smirked and replied, "Oh, so now you are allying with the Mikaelson's against me? How cute." Stefan sighed with annoyance and said to Katherine, "Come on, Katherine. Stop playing games and tell us why are you here." Katherine's smirk turned into a look of sarcasm and replied to Stefan, "I would love to, Stefan, but it seems I'm kinda being choked here at the moment." Stefan sighed and said, "Let her go, Damon." Damon scowled but let go of Katherine's neck, letting out a huff. Katherine gasped for air and breathed heavily for a couple of seconds. The female vampire regained her composure and said to the two Salvatore brothers, "I just dropped by to tell you two that you'll never be able to keep that girl away from her destiny. She was bound to her fate the moment she was born." Damon replied, scowling, "What fate?" Katherine said, rolling her eyes, "There's more to the prophecy than you are let on. The second-born hybrid will be sacrificed and the world will be in turmoil. Until the hybrid wakes up from their rest, there shall be no peace." Stefan glanced at his brother and replied to Katherine, "So, what does that have to do anything? How are you involved?" Katherine huffed in annoyance and said, "Isn't it obvious? There's only room in this world for one hybrid! Having Klaus in this world is bad enough and besides, it means revenge for me." Before either of the Salvatore brothers could respond, Katherine was gone in a flash.

Damon let out an annoyed growl, he was about to be fed up with Katherine's games and with her threatening his daughter. He was about to say something to Stefan but his phone went off, signalling that he received a text. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and saw a text from Ellie. Ellie- Dad, get over here now. Assuming the worst, Damon sped over to the hospital and went straight to his daughter's hospital room to find her pouting at the choice of food in front of her. Damon chuckled and said, sarcastically, "You called, Your Highness?" Ellie pouted at her father and replied, "Dad, they won't let me have fries. I'm craving." Damon chuckled and turned to the nurse. The nurse shrugged her shoulders at Damon and said, "I'm not in charge of that. Doctor's orders." Damon smirked at the nurse and replied, "Surely, the doc can take off some restrictions." Ellie grinned at her father and turned to look at the nurse. The nurse chuckled and said, "I'll see what I can do but I won't make any promises." The nurse smiled at the father-daughter duo and walked out of the hospital room, closing the door behind her. Damon smirked and said to his daughter, with his eyebrow raised, "You texted me, nearly causing me a heart attack, over food?" Ellie crossed her arms and replied, "Oh, please. I know you would to do it too with Elena." Damon rolled his eyes playfully and said, chuckling, "Alright, kid. Whatever you say. Jeremy will by later with your homework and will help you with it." Ellie smiled and replied, her smile faltering, "Wait a second. You're okay.......with that? What happened with you glaring at us nonstop when we're together?" Damon shrugged his shoulders and said, "Change of heart." Ellie smiled and rolled her eyes playfully. Damon chuckled and said, "I gotta head out. Katherine showed up at the house earlier." Ellie's eyes widened and replied, "What did she do?" Damon said, "She just blabbered her mouth that's all, baby girl. Don't worry your pretty head over it. See ya, kiddo." Ellie sighed but nodded at her father, knowing that she would never get it out of him.