Chapter 19

Later that day, Stefan and Ellie found themselves at the Mikaelson residence where they were greeted by Elijah. The two Salvatore's followed the eldest Mikaelson siblings into the sitting room and took their seats. Elijah took the seat in front of the two Salvatore's and said to Ellie, "I'm glad to see that you are doing well, Ellie." It has been quite awhile since Elijah or his other two siblings saw Ellie. The last time they saw her was the day when Ellie was in her wolf form and Klaus helped her into Damon's car along with Stefan's help. Ellie nodded and replied, "Yeah, it feels nice not to be in the wheelchair anymore. So, have you guys found anything about Katherine yet? Has she made an appearance?" Elijah shaked his head and said, "No, we haven't. As for Katherine, she hasn't showed up since that night you transitioned into a werewolf. Klaus has been keeping a lookout for her ever since." Ellie nodded and replied, as curiosity over came her, "Where is Klaus anyways?" Elijah smiled and said, "He went back to New Orleans, saying that he had to check up on things down there. He'll be back soon though. Until then, he sends his regards." Ellie nodded in understanding, knowing fully well what that meant. The visit was short for Stefan and Ellie. The trio talked about what the next step in their plan was and how they should deal with Katherine if she ever crossed paths with them again. Soon enough, the two family members headed back to the Salvatore Boardinghouse where they did their separate things. Stefan headed downstairs to the basement while Ellie decided to hang out upstairs and work on her homework.

After getting her homework finished, Ellie's eyes landed on the grand piano that was in the living room. When she was young and was still living with her father's friends, she would take piano lessons and play the piano all the time. Now that there was a crazy vampire out for her blood and she was in the hospital a little while ago, she barely had time to play anymore. The teenage girl made her way over to the piano and sat down on the piano bench. She gracefully placed her fingers on the piano keys, smiling softly to herself. Then, she took a deep breath and played a song she knew at the top of her head. As Ellie played the piano, her mind was in another place, paying no attention to the things around her. She didn't even know that her uncle was standing in the living room watching her play. Her eyes were closed as she concentrated on her playing, smiling as she did. Throughout the piece, Ellie's face changed when the piece's mood changed. By the time she got to the end, Ellie was startled when she heard the sound of someone clapping. Ellie looked up to see her uncle with a smile on his face and was clapping. Stefan clapped and said, "It's been awhile since I've heard you play the piano." Ellie smiled and replied, "I haven't been able to, Uncle Stef. That was just a warm up piece." Stefan chuckled and said, "But still, that was a wonderful piece." Ellie rolled her eyes playfully and said, "Remember how we would play the piano when I was younger and we made it into a dual while playing the same piece?" Stefan chuckled again and replied, "Yeah, you would liked to show off by turning around and playing the piano backwards." Ellie smirked and said, "Not my fault that I have skills." Stefan raised his eyebrow playfully and replied, crossing his arms, "Are you saying that I don't?" Ellie continued to smirk and said, also crossing her arms, "Maybe I am and maybe I'm not." Stefan then smirked at his niece, coming up with an idea. Ellie's smirk fell and her eyes widened when she realized what her uncle was going to do. She stood up from the piano bench and said to her uncle, "Come on, Uncle Stefan. I was only kidding." Before she knew it, the teenage girl was being chased around the house by her uncle who was trying to tickle her.

All this time, Ellie was unaware that her father in a cell in the basement for getting out of control with his killings and Stefan wanted to keep it that way until Damon could control himself. However, Ellie was unlucky and Stefan caught her. Ellie let out a squeal and said, as her uncle tickled her sides, "Okay!! You win! You have skills!" Stefan chuckled and released his niece from his grip before checking on her side to make sure that the wound didn't open. Ellie's phone went off and she saw it was a text from Jeremy. Jeremy- Hey, can we meet up at our usual spot and hang out? Ellie glanced at her uncle then glanced back at text. Stefan looked at his niece with concern and said to her, "Everything okay, El?" Ellie nodded and replied, "Yeah, Jeremy wants to meet me at our spot and hang out." Stefan crossed his arms and said, "What's holding you back?" Ellie shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I don't know, Uncle Stef. It seems like ever since I woke up from the hospital, everyone's been keeping something from me. I asked everyone what happened and they just won't tell me. For instance, Caroline and Bonnie didn't talk to Elena last week when we went out to town with Tyler and they just glared at each other. And another thing, Tyler and Jeremy glared at each other the entire time that day after I got Jeremy to hang out with us. Something happened while I was unconscious but I am going to find out and nothing's gonna stop me." Stefan held back a gulp, knowing that his niece would find out about her father and how he was involved. He only nodded and said to his niece, "You should go to Jeremy and find out what's wrong. It will do you some good to get out of the house." Ellie smiled and replied, hugging her uncle, "Thanks, Uncle Stefan."

Soon enough, Ellie found Jeremy in their spot in the woods and smiled softly but her smile turned into a frown. She realized that she had to uncover what her friends were hiding from her and Jeremy would be the first one she had to talk to first. Jeremy turned at the sound of leaves crunching and saw Ellie coming towards him. He smiled but his smile fell when he saw a frown on Ellie's face. Jeremy looked at his best friend with concern and said, "You okay, El?" Ellie crossed her arms and replied, with curiosity, "What happened when I was in the hospital, Jer?" Jeremy looked down at the ground and said, avoiding Ellie's gaze, "I don't know what you mean." Ellie scoffed and replied, rolling her eyes, "Please, yes, you do know. I saw how you pushed Elena away at school earlier today in the hallway at school. Matt told me that you went of the hook when I was unconscious." She then realized what Matt meant when he told her about Jeremy. She gasped and said, her eyes widening, "You've been dealing drugs again, have you?" Jeremy's heart clenched at the sound of his best friend's heart broken voice and sighed. He said, attempting to explain himself, "Ellie......" Ellie interrupted, "Jeremy, you promised me that you weren't going to go back to where you were with drugs after the accident." During the time they were first getting to know each other, Jeremy told Ellie that after his parents' accident, he started dealing drugs. Ellie promised him that she would be able to help him but made him promise that he would get help to get him clean. Ellie felt her eyes start to water when she realized that Jeremy broke his promise to her. Jeremy could only watch with sadness as his best friend started to back away from him. He called out to her, only for her to shake her head as she ran out of the woods and towards the Salvatore Boardinghouse. Ellie burst into the Salvatore Boardinghouse, just in time to see her uncle coming out of the basement. Stefan looked up to see his niece with a distraught look on her face and said, concerned, "Ellie?" Ellie looked at her uncle with tears in her eyes and ran into his arms, sobbing.