xxii

[9:38am]
[november 30]

the soft sounds of tommy's snores woke you up. you looked over at him to see him snuggled up into your right side, with his head on your shoulder.

oh my god he's adorable, you thought to yourself. you ran your fingers through his long-ish hair, and went on your phone.

you started off by scrolling through twitter, and then started going through your camera roll. pictures of patches popped up, screenshotted memes, cute pictures of tommy you will never be deleting, and pictures of you with your friends.

you started looking through your album named "friends💘" and began to get sad. you missed how close you were with your friend group. that was one of the few downsides of twitch and everything else.

you looked at a picture from the summer. it was you, claire, jake, matt, and ross. all five of you were in matts pool playing chicken. claire on your shoulders, matt on jakes, and ross sabotaging both teams. you smiled, remembering the simpler times where you and your four best friends would hang out all day in the summer.

in this moment of recollection, you felt tommy reposition himself as he managed to burrow deeper into your side.

you looked down at him, so close to his head that you could smell his coconut shampoo. you put your phone down and stared at the vulnerable boy next to you.

oh tommy, i hope you know everything will be alright.

as you began to drift back into your realm of sleep, tommy's phone began to ring. he began to stir and eventually answered it. it was his mother.

"hello?" he asked, still wedged into your side. you pretended to have severe interest in the folds of your blanket, since you could hear every word coming from the other end.

"yes mother i know, please just another hour? okay. see you soon," he hung up the call and sighed

"everything alright?" you asked. the only thing his mom wanted, was to remind him that she would be here in an hour.

"yeah, i just don't think my parents want to be by themselves anymore. they can be at home with each other but i can't be away with you. don't they realize that being there will just upset me?" he quietly asked no one in particular.

"hey— it will be okay. besides, you've been holding up pretty well."

tommy sat up and looked down at you, "yeah, i know i have been,"

"then-"

"but the only reason i'm not crying right now is because i'm here, with you," he softly stated. you looked at him and took his hand. you didn't say anything, but you just gave him an expression full of empathy and sorrow. you figured he didn't want to hear another "i'm sorry" or "everything gets better with time." so hopefully you being there is enough.

"my mom will be here in like an hour, so can we just lay here for awhile?" tommy asked you

"yeah, of course," you smiled. you weren't opposed to this idea. you weren't sure if this was going to be the last time you see him until you leave, so you wanted to make the most of it.

laying here with tommy made you think about everything that happened within these past few months; when you first logged onto the smp, when you first met tommy, the milestone of your first 10k live viewer count stream, and when you first kissed tommy, out in the field. you wished you had a sanctuary at home like the flower field. a place where you could openly go to free your mind, without worrying about privacy or interruptions.

"tommy?" you asked

"yes y/n?"

"you reckon this will be the last time i see you before i leave?"