xxiv

a/n: new cover?? do we like it??

[2:07pm]
[december 3]

"george! he's eating wires!" you shouted from his bedroom. apollo had been in georges room for only 10 minutes and has been causing chaos.

"apolloooooo! c'mere!" george cooed as he brought in a toy from the living room. the kitten immediately shifted his focus from george's computer wires to the toy held in his hand. george was in the living room assembling a kitten play arena, and gave you the task of keeping apollo in his litter box until he peed or pooped.

"any luck in there?" george gestured his hands towards the kittens litter box.

"no, he keeps running around in it like it's a little sandbox. every time i put him in there he rolls for a good minute and then runs for the wires. it's easy to shuffle on my knees but once he gets under your desk it gets difficult." you laughed

"yeah i bet. let's just bring him out into the living room for now, if he gets anxious then we'll bring him back." george scooped the cat up as you propped yourself against his bed for balance. you met him in the living room and instantly saw apollo running through tunnels and batting at toys.

"oh wow, this looks fun for a cat," you said

"yeah, he loves it after being in it for only a minute," george smiled, adding another toy into the area. "i'll be right back,"

"okay! i'll be here," you muttered. you watched as apollo jumped from one toy to the next, and ran through a tunnel like his life depended on it. eventually you saw him prance out, and he started to walk real slow.

"uhh, george?" you shouted. no response, he was outside. as the cat came to a stop, his tail began to flutter.

"oh no you don't," you muttered as you stood up, leaving the crutches on the floor. you quickly hopped over to the kitten who was mid-squat, plucked him up off the ground, and limped as quickly as possible to the litter box.

"ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow," you muttered as the pressure on your leg became heavier with each step. as gently as possible, you plopped the kitten down into the litter box and watched as he took his first poop of the day.

"ew, apollo," you wretched as you turned your head away, plugging your nose in the process. in the living room, you heard the front door open and heard georges voice.

"hello?" he asked

"i'm in here! apollo's pooping," you laughed

george instantly walked in holding treats for the kitten, "yay! who's a good boy!" he shook the treats and immediately grabbed the cats attention, who then received two treats.

"how did you get in here?" george asked, looking up at you.

"i uh, walked,"

george rolled his eyes and began to lecture you on how important it is that you don't do that again. you agreed and he brought you your crutches.

———

[december 7]
[11:43am]

the days went by quicker than you expected. george let you stream a few times on his computer, and apollo made the days have a lot more fun. he had three accidents over the course of four days, and was quickly learning the ways of the litter box. unfortunately every accident he had managed to have took place in your room.

on the plus side, tommy had been finding ways to go to the grocery store often, and informed you that he will be back home by 4pm.

suddenly, you were lured to the kitchen after hearing a surprised yelp from george,