x

[6:54pm]

after watching tommy's stream for a few hours, he finally ended and facetimed you.

"hey y/n... are you alright?" he asks concerningly,

"hi tommy and yeah, i am now. i just wanted someone to talk to because Clay isn't here, and won't be for awhile."

"you're by yourself?" he asks

"yeah, sometimes i get scared when i'm alone so i just wanted someone to talk to."

"aw, well we can talk while i edit a video so you're not really alone."

"sounds good to me." you say with a smile.

the two of you talked for about an hour, cracking jokes and telling stories. he was just so easy to talk to. he was so kind and gentle, unlike his streams. you loved the way his sandy blonde hair fell across his forehead. and the way he smiled when you would say something stupid.

he was just...

your thought got cut off, "well y/n, it's getting later here and i'm getting tired. i'll call you tomorrow, i promise. goodnight!"

"goodnight cutie," you say. you saw his face turn red as you left the call.

well i guess i have nothing better to do than to clean my room, it's hazardous. you say to yourself.

you started by clearing all of the dirty dishes and taking them downstairs, and boy was there a lot of them. you then put all of your dirty laundry in a hamper to get taken down stairs,  and folded/put away all of your clean laundry. after that, you picked up all the trash and disposed of it. then you finally vacuumed your floors and made your bed.

wow it looks good in here you say, admiring the room. you sat on your bed and looked around for a bit. you saw the photo of you and Claire, before she took on her final Chemotherapy treatment last year. you were so proud of her. it sat on your clean dresser to the left of your jewelry rack.

i kinda miss wearing jewelry, i really liked it" you think to yourself.

over to your left you had a bedside table, completed with a coaster and a fresh cup of water. you used to have a plant, but it died.

in the far right corner of your room, you saw your computer desk, with all your school work neatly piled and your dust-free monitor.

across from your desk on the other side of the room, sat a small vanity and closet. you used to use the vanity for makeup, but now, you use it to stack clothes on.

you missed doing your makeup. you were good at it too, but you didn't go over the top. you stopped doing it when, well, after Duke. but that's beside the point. he's in the past.

maybe i'll get back into some of this stuff i left behind. you say to yourself. you have been feeling really good lately, and you want to look it too.

it was at this moment you heard Clay enter the door downstairs. "y/n, i'm home!"

"okay, come upstairs i want to show you something!" you yell.

after a minute he finally enters your room.
"wow. y/n this is incredible. i'm astonished! i haven't seen this room actually clean in months! this is awesome! wait-" he opened the closet door skeptically and was surprised to see that you didn't just shove things in there. "well, i'm impressed." he says while giving you a hug. "i'm glad i have the old y/n back."

"yeah. me too."

he left shortly after and you were still bored, so you decided to go downstairs and watch a movie. by now it was around 9:30pm, but you weren't exactly tired. you picked out your favorite movie, Matilda, and put the disc in the player. about 5 minutes into the movie, Clay came downstairs to join you.

"hey" he says as he jumps on the couch next to you.

"hi Clay, what are you doing down here?"

"well actually, i wanted to talk to you." he says

"okay? shoot."

"well, i just wanted to talk to you about tommy."

"is something wrong??"

"oh no no no. i was just wondering what was up with the two of you. you clearly like each other, but neither of you will say anything that you're dating or even admit that you like the other."

"well, yes i think i do like him, but it's hard to gauge if i do or not because i haven't met him in person. he has many likable attributes but i just want to wait until i meet him next month."

"i'm glad to hear that. i'm glad i actually know the kid this time. we don't need a repeat of-"

"yes Clay i know, we don't want another repeat of Duke."

"okay, well i'm sorry. i'm not trying to make you upset, i'm just glad tommy is the way he is."

"me too." you say

the two of you finish the night off by watching the rest of the movie. you slowly found yourself leaning onto Clays shoulder, and eventually falling asleep.

[word count: 870]

[october 14 2020, 7:45pm]