High School Friendship Essay

Grace Crilly
Wnek Block 3
09/14/18

Sometimes the little things like GPA, how smart you are and what you are interested in don't matter; it's the people in your life who matter. My best friend Kalin matters the most to me out of everyone. The worst thing I've had to go through is going to different schools. I thought I would never able to get through my high school experience, because of not having her with me. The transition to high school was very hard for me to experience. I'm the type of person who is afraid of change, that's apart of the reason why it was hard for me to transition to high school. I knew the levels for hard work and studying would be a lot more than expected. Being without your best friend is like losing your family and dog! Kalin and I have been inseparable since we met. Although we go to different schools, we get closer everyday, because we miss each other. The exact moment when we met was in the afternoon on July 5, 2012. We met from our mom's that put us together in a friendship club group. We were picking up each other by their old school. In that moment I was in the backseat, Kalin came through the car to the back. That moment I was thinking, "Who is this person? Tell me about you. I want to know everything about you!" Kalin and I started talking immediately and we instantly became best friends. That day we went to see the Katy Perry documentary.

Not being with Kalin throughout the school day was hard for me. In the beginning of high school I was introduced to numerous activities and sports in school. Instantly, I wanted to be a three sport athlete. I've been on swim team, gymnastics team and water polo team since freshman year. Being on these teams the past four years gave me a second family. My teammates and I bonded quickly, forming friendships that make me feel I had another family. Now I have no idea I would have made it without them. As well as sports in school, there was a social club at school called Mustang Hangout (formerly named Mustang Pals) that really helped me meeting new people as well. The club has students interact in fun games and challenges that get know each other better. They've become like my family as well. Mustang Hangout, there was Gabby she was so sweet and welcoming to me when we first met. Gabby and I became great friends. When we found out that we had the same choir class in my freshman year, I was so happy!

Throughout each challenge and struggle I have experienced, when I'd have a bad day I have had people who were always there for me. What has made us closer in sports is having a little sister and a big sister. My first two years I've had a big sister, who ironically has the same name as me, Grace! At the end of one our meets, she started to cry because of the fact everything as happening so fast for her in her senior year, which was making her emotional more than ever. I was there to hug her to comfort her and make her feel better. Another big sister I had was Betsy; she's an amazing player who gave such great enthusiasm and got the team through rough times, especially me! She and I became close when we were the only ones that were apart of the little sis and big sis during our water polo season. Betsy was one of my best friends in sports definitely. Betsy and Grace were such great role models for me, that I've been doing the same as an upperclassman now with my little sisters with the little sister I have currently. Two other girls I've connected even more with than anyone else was Julia and Megan. All three of us always have been there for one another. I've been the closest to Julia since I met her. Megan, we connected very well since we have a lot in common.

Throughout every class and every season I've made a new friend that I've became close with. I've been so grateful to meet these new friends over the years, they've helped me through so much the past 4 years! My friends in my teams and Kalin became the best people in my life I've always thought throughout the years is that Kalin is like no one I've ever met in this world. I still think that, since there is no one else like her. Kalin and I are so much closer than anyone on my team. Being without her had crushed me, but overall it's made much more stronger throughout the years especially since I've been able to accomplish anything with and without her. Now overall all my years in high school reflecting on myself and progress throughout the years, having my new friends really became who I am today. With them by my side in school and then have Kalin out of school makes me feel I can do anything because have both of them that's made me feel strong about myself.