Letter to Lou Malnotti's

85 S. Buffalo Grove Rd
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
United States

Dear Lou Malnati's,

There are people who like to say what they are thinking out loud. There are also people who like to keep things in. I've always been the type of person that keeps things in, but I've been better about that lately thanks to my best friend. So I'm going to be completely honest with you, I hate your pizza, both deep dish and thin crust. In my life, I've always preferred to say what people expect me to say, that I'd be a happy go-lucky person even though I'm not. What people see of me is what they expect me to be. The first time I got pizza from you, I thought I wouldn't like it. At least I tried it and did not just say, "I don't like it" just by looking at it.

There's more than what meets the eye both in people and in food. I just want to be honest and say what I think and/or feel. Despite not liking your pizza, I absolutely love your salad. Your pasta is very tasty, but  it is still a bit too spicy for me. I thought I would like your thin pizza better than your deep dish, because that's usually what I like that satisfies me. Mike Royko in his article states that he has the same opinion as well, "Ah but with thin crust pizza, you can pop piece after piece into your mouth, like potato chips until you are in a happy satisfied stupor" (21). People have their own opinions on what tastes good to them. What the customer wants is what matters.

When it does come to being in a restaurant, your customers want to be happy with what they ordered. When a customer comes through the door, you may not know if they have issues with stomach problems or not. I'll admit I have that issue. It's stressful as a customer to know what will satisfy us. Some people might have digestive problems. I have had choking problems growing up and it's not fun. I'd rather have something I would be able to eat and not have to have a fork and knife while eating pizza. It tastes better when you eat it from your hands. Royko also agrees with the same opinion that I have, "And the worst part is that it's so thick and heavy, you can only eat one slice or two. And that requires a knife and fork" (22). There are people who like having a variety of what they want and not always having the same thing. There are also people who like eating the same thing. I'm the type of person who usually likes to have the same thing, which is stressful for me.

Even though I don't like your pizza, my family loves your pizza. We'd usually come to your restaurant for birthday parties. I'm not the type of person that complains and makes a fuss out of everything. I don't care because I ignore any thoughts in my head like that. I always act that way for other people, ignore my thoughts and feelings. Acting that way a lot really does affect me and I don't know how to handle it. Since  I do have a selfless nature, I feel like I can be taken for granted at times.

This letter I wanted to not just to be about the food. My main point was about being honest. I feel like most of the time I'm hardly ever honest. Also, how I'd let others make their own decisions. I respect you, I just wanted to be honest and have a voice for once because I'm hardly ever listened to.

Sincerely,
Grace Crilly
Harper College
120 W. Algonquin Rd
Palatine, IL 60067

Works Cited
Royko, Mike. "Real Chicago pizza isn't 'Chicago pizza'." Aug 29 2018. Web. ProQuest. 28 Oct. 2019.