Chapter 3

Drawing by; Littlewolf65

No more wattpad for me until further notice. Parents took it away. I'll see you all in seven days.

<}Mitch{>

I stared in absolute horror at the man in the other cell.

His eyes glowed a deep crimson in the almost total darkness of the dungeons, two demon like horns twisting out of his jet black hair. His clothing consisted of a black hoodie over a red shirt, black jeans and black combat boots.

"Don't worry, kid. Icky Vikky isn't as scary as he looks." the lava creeper next to him in a black suit with a red tie smirked, earning a glare from the demon hybrid.

"My name is Vikk, Preston." he scowled.

Jerome shook his head, smirking slightly. "C'mon guys, don't argue. Mitch is still a little shaken up."

"I-I'm still n-not t-trusting y-you either." I sputtered, watching Jerome's movements closely.

"Relax Mitch. He won't hurt a fly." Vikk reassured me, giving me a toothy grin.

I cringed at the sight of his fangs and moved closer to the corner.

"Let's leave him be, guys. We were the same way when we were thrown in here." Preston suggested.

The others nodded and turned their backs to me.

"Oh, but when Master comes in here I might act a bit hostile. It's the only thing keeping me from being dragged out into the labs again, so please forgive me if I scare you more or hurt you." Jerome added, giving me a friendly smile, although it appeared more like a scowl.

I nodded quickly, feeling relieved when he turned his back to me.

It was then I realized I had time to think since being dragged into the lab room.

Speaking of then, I don't remember getting captured, let alone anything before then.

That bastard wiped my memories!

"Whoa, did you just start smoking?" Preston's voice asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

The two others glanced at me, eyes wide.

Raising an eyebrow, I looked down at myself and gasped.

Fire. I was on fire. Notch I'm on fire!

I stared in horror as the flames licked up my pant legs, shocked I wasn't feeling any pain.

"Extinguere." (Translation: Extinguish)

Suddenly, the fire went out, as if the mutter was the thing making the fire in the first place.

A low growl came from Jerome's direction, drawing my attention.

The man who had dragged me here stood outside the cell, watching me with interest.

"What was that all about, Mitchell?" He asked calmly, studying me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I should ask you the same thing, bastard."

His sly smirk dropped instantly as he appeared in front of me.

I yelped out of surprise and scrambled back, his narrowed white eyes watching me carefully.

"Did I finally find the one?" He whispered.

"Fudge off," I sneered, smoke rising from below my feet again.

He smirked once more before disappearing, leaving the dungeon in an eerie silence.

"Mitch, you're in for it now," Jerome stated calmly, walking away from the corner he had backed into.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the only reason Master started this whole 'kidnap then turn into freaks' thing was to find himself the perfect soldier. Someone that would help him conquer the world," Preston explained.

"Perfect soldier? Like, a slave?"

Vikk nodded. "We assume that's his cause. We've only heard snippets of his conversations with his servants on the outside."

Fear slowly rose in my gut as I took a shaky breath. "Let's hope that isn't the case then."

"What do we do if it is though? Mitch won't last long with Master constantly on his case," Jerome spoke up.

"There's nothing we can do. If we want to end up like Rob, then we could try resisting. Anyone else want to keep their limbs in tact though?" Preston asked quietly.

"Who's Rob?" I questioned.

"He was one of the many people Master tested on. He was a wolf hybrid, actually. Pretty fun to be around. One day, Master came in and tried to drag another one of our friends, Lachlan, out of the cell to be tested on," Vikk started.

"Rob became pissed and attacked Master while his back was to him. He got a good scratch down his back before all three of them disappeared." Jerome cut in.

"We never saw either of them again," Preston sighed.

"Is that why you were just growling at him, Jerome?" I asked quietly.

He nodded. "I want to beat the nether out of him, but I don't want to end up like the others."

"Anyways..." Vikk hissed.

"What is this guy looking for in his perfect soldier? Loyalty? Trust?"

"We don't know. Only those on the outside do," Preston huffed.

"Darn it," I hissed "I was hoping we could avoid those qualities."

"All we can do is hope for the best." Jerome sighed, curling up on the ground.

"We'll continue tomorrow. Master is about to yell at us to sleep" Vikk grumbled, disappearing into the dark corner of his cell.

Preston flashed me a sad smile before joining him in the darkness.

"Unless you want to endure a night of torture I suggest you go to sleep!" Master's voice shouted.

I sighed and curled up against the corner, slowly drifting off to sleep.