Chapter 5

<}Mitch{>

Over the next few weeks, Master continued to do the same thing.

He'd take me, tie me to the table, inject some random syringe into my arm, then throw me back into the cell to be interrogated by a restless Jerome.

Each time he did so, I felt something between me and Master grow.

Respect maybe? Loyalty? What was he doing to me? Was he turning me into his perfect soldier?

If so, I didn't really care at this point. I was kinda wishing, no longing, to be by his side.

Jerome scolded me when he found out, saying he was the enemy, that Master didn't care.

But I knew, deep down, the bacca was wrong.

Master has never once showed me one sign of hatred, nor has he tried to harm me.

I'll show you, Jerome. He cares. Just wait.

Master's keys jingled at his side as he slowly appeared outside Jerome and I's cell.

"Mitchell, let's go."

Instinctively, I stood and walked out the cell door, Jerome's growling loud in my ears.

"Where are we going today, Master?" I asked.

He smirked down at me slightly as he led me outside the dungeons and into the lab.

"Get on the table, Mitchell. This is the last syringe."

Raising an eyebrow, I did as he commanded.

"Master, what do you mean by this is the last syringe?"

He turned to me, a clear syringe in his hand.

"This is the last time I have to inject this into you, Mitchell. After this, you'll be able to roam freely outside the cell."

I shifted slightly on the table.

"B-But sir, what about the others?"

"The failures? You won't see them again."

Panic hit me hard and I shot up.

"Master you can't keep me from them! They're my friends!" I roared.

He shook his head, a sly grin on his face.

"Lay down."

Unwillingly, I laid down on the table once again.

"Be still."

"Why should I ob-"

"Be quiet."

Instantly, my mouth screwed itself shut.

My eyes widened as he approached with the needle, my mind pleading my body to move.

But to my dismay, it didn't.

Master slowly injected the needle and pulled it out.

"Your friends mean nothing to you now, Mitchell. I am your only priority." he sneered.

"N-No. N-Never." I slurred, my vision swaying.

"Just wait, it'll come to you."

I growled and tried to move once more, but had no success.

"Just relax, Mitchell. Everything will be okay."

His words were like a slap in the face to me.

No, nothing will be okay. I'm going to be your mindless slave for the rest of my life. I didn't listen to Jerome. I'm going to be like Rob and Lachlan to the others.

Oh Notch, tell Jerome I'm okay.

"Good Mitchell, just sleep."

I groaned in defiance , but found that I couldn't fight the comforting embrace of unconsciousness that slowly enveloped me.

Goodbye Jerome.

<}Jerome{>

"Jerome you idiot! Rebellion will get us no where!"

"We can't just sit around while Master turns Mitch into some toy, Preston!" I snarled.

"Jerome, calm down. We'll find a different approach at this."

"I'm sick of Master manipulating people just for the heck of it! I'm so done with his bullsh*t!"

"You're letting your anger get the best of you, Jerome. You need to calm down."

"F*ck off," I snapped, crawling over to my corner and curling up.

I will rip Master to shreds if it's the last thing I do.