Chapter 16

<}Mitch{>

I stepped over Lachlan's limp form and back into the lab room where my master stood in his restraints, his white eyes flashing with anger when they fell on me.

"Mitchell."

"Master."

He smirked. "Still loyal I see."

I scoffed. "Yeah, just because I call you master doesn't mean I'm still your mindless slave."

Master rolled his eyes. "You obey me. Like it or not. I own you."

My arms crossed over my chest. "Yeah, and I'm Notch."

He grinned. "You're more powerful than him."

I shook my head. "Nope. Not a chance. Now, as to why I'm here. It's time to get my memories back."

Master snorted. "I'm not giving them back."

The knife's tip lifted his chin as high as it would go as I held it there, smirking. "I expected that, which is why I'm going to force them out of you."

He glared, pressing his chin to the blade hard enough to draw blood. "Do it. I'm the king of torture. It won't phase me."

I smirked, tilting my head to the side as I pressed it farther. A grunt rewarded me as I replied. "Oh I plan to do so much to you, you have no idea."

My hand turned a bright orange with heat as I pressed it to his side, earning a loud cry of pain.

"Now, you're going to give me and my friend their memories back, or I'm going to keep toasting you."

Master grunted and growled at me, yanking against the restraints. "N-Never."

A paw with five claws outstretched scratched across the god's chest and Jerome was by my side.

"Speak!" He ordered over the pained cry of Master.

"N-No!"

I moved my burning hand slowly to where Jerome's cuts were made, roasting the torn skin.

Master seethed in pain, his eyes squeezed shut.

Then, Vikk came in with his red eyes glowing with fury.

"I've had enough of you, Master. We aren't your little toys," he sneered, thrusting his clawed hand into the god's chest.

A strangled gasp came from Master's wide open mouth and before I could even register it, Vikk had the god's heart in his hand, crushing it.

I gagged at the sight, stumbling back and using the lab table to keep from collapsing to the ground.

Master's head lolled to the side, once bright eyes now dimmed to a glazed pearl.

"H-Hey. I can remember now. I-I remember everything now!" Jerome cheered, grinning madly.

Vikk threw the heart at Master's feet before nodding, wiping the blood on his pants. "Me too. Mitch?"

I was about to shake my head when everything suddenly came flooding back in a dizzying flash of memories.

"Yup. Everything's here."

A groan from the doorway drew our attention to it, finding Rob and Lachlan both there with hands to the heads.

"What happened man?" The wolf hybrid groaned.

"We defeated Herobrine, that's what," I stated simply, looking at his body.

"S-So that's it? We can go home now?" Lachlan asked hopefully.

Jerome nodded. "Yeah buddy. Back to Spawn City we go!"

I smiled slightly, remembering the last time we had seen each other.

Guess I should be happy he's alive now, shouldn't I?

"Group hug, guys. I can teleport us all back," Lachlan grinned, stretching out his arms.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I walked over and put an arm around him, my other arm going around Jerome.

Purple particles surrounded us and before I knew it, we were back in our home town.

"Ah, home at last," Rob breathed, inhaling the fresh air.

There were smiles all around the circle until Preston spoke up. "Wait, will everyone accept us for who we are now?"

The air went quiet around us as we all thought about the question.

"Well, I have a tree house not too far from here... We could all live together," Jerome suggested, smiling faintly.

Murmurs of agreement filled the air and pretty soon we were racing to Jerome's tree house.

The Baca and I ran side by side, occasionally shooting happy smiles each other's way.

This was it. We were finally free.