Chapter 8

Thank you all for the help on deciding what hybrid Lachlan would be. I really appreciate it!

<3 you guys!

<}Jerome{>

I blinked and shook my head, snarling under my breath.

"He did it again," Preston groaned.

"No sh*t Sherlock," I growled.

"Jeez, who put your panties in a twist," Vikk mumbled.

Ignoring his comment, I stalked over to my tray and ate it's contents angrily.

Sure, I was pissed, but food rarely came and I wasn't about to let it go to waste.

Not even halfway through my meal, the dungeon door creaked open and footsteps approached our cells, a gasp of shock quickly following.

I glanced up, curious.

Lachlan. Oh my Notch it's Lachlan.

Wait. He's different.

He stood taller, straighter, almost like a soldier.

But that's not the only difference. He was an enderman hybrid.

The Aussie turned to me, dull purple eyes locking with mine. "The Master wants you."

Oh does he now?

<}Third Person{>

The Master rolled his eyes in mock annoyance as he wordlessly led his new soldier away from the dungeons.

Those failures think they run their lives. Ha. I have more control over them than they realize.

The ghost of a devious smirk showed on the god's face as the two entered a room.

It was a large training room, the walls covered in weapon racks and a large practice arena was set in the middle.

"Time to see what you're capable of. Pick your poison," The Master mumbled, gesturing to the weapons.

With a curt nod, his soldier walked over to them, slowly looking through each of them carefully.

An iron sword stood out the most to him an he reached up, grabbing it and swinging it to test the feel.

Suddenly, the hilt started to smoke, it's leather surface charring under his hand.

Mitch stared at it, debating wether or not to throw it on the ground.

As he stared, the lustrous iron blade started to heat up as well, turning a light yellow.

That yellow then darkened into a dark orange, and finally a deep crimson.

"Master... What did I just do?" Mitch asked slowly, his eyes still glued to the weapon.

The god shrugged casually. "Not sure. Must be something with your new powers. Come with me."

Nodding, Mitch followed his master out of the training room and to another room.

The Master gave a slight nod to a man standing in front of the door. "Did you do as I asked, Lachlan?"

Lachlan nodded, his blond hair falling into his face slightly. "Yes Master, the prisoner is ready to be punished."

The Master grinned maliciously. "Fantastic. Thank you Lachlan. Oh, and this is Mitchell."

Mitch bowed his head in greeting as the Aussie waved, stepping out of the way of his master.

"A success I see."

The Master nodded and pushed open the door. "Indeed he was. Let's just hope he has good skills. Mitchell?"

The soldier perked up at the sound of his master's call, following him once again inside.

He was confronted by an angry looking bacca, grey eyes ablaze with fury.

"Leave Mitch out of this!"

The Master rolled his eyes and gestured towards his soldier.

"Mitchell. Mind to punish him for me? I need to attend to a few other problems."

"Yes of course, Master. I'd be happy to assist you in any way I can."

Smirking and nodding his approval, The Master walked out.

Mitch slowly turned towards the angered bacca as the door shut behind him. "You've been a bad mutt haven't you?"

He snarled. "Look who's talking lava boy."

The blaze hybrid glared and held his smoldering blade up threateningly. "I'm not here to bicker with some lowlife. I'm here to punish you for disrespecting the master."

"Disrespecting the master. Mitch, do you hear yourself? You sound insane!" Jerome growled, clawing up at him.

Mitch reacted quickly, grabbing his wrist and twisting it painfully behind his back.

The bacca cried out in pain as Mitch's dark skin burned through his fur.

"M-Mitch!"

The blaze man smirked and held tighter, an orange glow appearing faintly under his hand.

Jerome screamed in pain as he struggled to free his burning skin.

Smirking, Mitch released the squirming hybrid.

Jerome whimpered in agony and held his burnt wrist to his chest, falling into a fetal position.

"H-How? Y-Your skin-"

"It burns huh? Yeah, forgot to mention master made me about ten times hotter. Pretty neat huh? Too bad you failures don't get awesome abilities like me," Mitch gloated arrogantly, his posture straightening slighting in pride.

Jerome glared daringly, his back tapping against a wall.

Caught up in the bacca's moment of weakness, Mitch attempted to make a flame in appear his hand.

He frowned as it failed, only creating small sparks that fell to the floor with a soft crackling sound.

"What's the matter with you, can't you harness your powers?"

Growling, Mitch threw a punch at the bacca, who ducked and rolled to the side.

"Maybe you aren't the perfect soldier like your master wants you to be," Jerome spat.

The blaze hybrid froze, hands slowly balling into fists at his side.

Jerome smirked, feeling accomplished at the ever raging Canadian before him.

Mitch on the other hand was blazing with fury, quite literally.

The fire started at his feet, soon consuming his whole body in the scorching light.

His feet were a few inches off the ground, hovering as he slowly turned to face Jerome, orange eyes now red with anger.

The bacca gasped in fear, watching in horror as the burning man, though seemingly untouched, hovered over to him.

"You dare mock my master?"