Chapter 17: Epilogue

<}Third Person{>

Mitch laid back in the sun, arms behind his head as he let out a relaxed breath.

Now this, this was how you took a break from the world. You find an island with no humidity, little to no bad weather with the temperature never dropping below seventy, and just sprawl out by the beach.

He let out another relaxed sigh. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to be able to come to this place. And the only thing that made it nearly unbelievable was-

"Hey Biggums! Stop being a party pooper and catch some rays while swimming with us!" His boyfriend hollered from the ocean, getting splashed by an overjoyed wolf hybrid.

Mitch rolled his eyes and sat up, removing the shades from his eyes. "Can't buddy, you know lava and water don't mix!"

"You cactus, if I can swim then so can you!" Preston the lava mob shouted, kicking some of the cool water up to the blaze hybrid.

Chuckling, Mitch shielded his face from the assault and waddled through the water to his bacca boyfriend. "There, happy Biggums? I'm in."

The hybrid smirked, jumping on his back and dumping him under the surf. "You bet!"

Mitch surfaced quickly, Jerome still on his back. "Oh you're going to get it now," he muttered, shrugging his boyfriend off.

The second the baca was off his back, Mitch spun around and tackled him into the water.

Both of them wrestled and threw water at each other for a while before the others joined in, water flying everywhere from all the splashing.

"Hey, guys, let's go get some grub. I'm starving!" Rob groaned out as a low growl emitted from his stomach.

"Yeah I'm a bit hungry myself guys," Lachlan agreed.

Mitch and the others nodded their agreement as a mischievous grin made its way onto a certain lava creeper hybrid's face.

"Last one to the bar is a cactus!" Preston shouted, rushing out of the water.

There were shouts of surprise as some of the men were tackled into the water and others rushed to beat the lava mob that was quickly gaining on the bar.

When the chase was over, Rob made it first (only because of an 'accidental' tripping of Preston) , followed by Preston, Vikk, Lachlan, Mitch and Jerome.

They all ordered a beverage as well as large nachos to share before settling down on the bar stools.

"Man it feels good to be free," Rob breathed, leaning back against the bar.

Lachlan nodded. "Yeah, no kidding. Having flashlight eyes in your head like that was not fun."

"How many years were you guys under?" Mitch asked, taking a small sip of his Dr. Pepper.

"Two? Three at the most? Hard to tell when you can't even remember showing up." Rob shrugged.

"Guys lets not worry about that. It's the past and we're on vacation. Let's just relax and enjoy ourselves," Jerome piped up.

Mitch smiled. "That's right. We're chilling just the six of us."

The hybrids all grabbed their drinks and held them up.

"To The Pack!" Rob cheered.

"To The Pack!" Everyone else chimed, clinking their sodas together.

Jerome and Mitch shared fond smiles as they downed the rest of their drinks, knowing deep down in their hearts, that they were meant to be.

The End~