Chapter 9

Thanks so much to @ClarissaMinecraftian for her amazing fan art! It means a lot that you dedicated your time and energy into making it for me!

<}Third Person{>

With a grunt, Mitch brought down his molten sword, taunting the almost dead bacca.

"I could end your suffering, Jerome. Right here and now, I could do it. And I wouldn't feel even a tinge of guilt."

Jerome was only able to muster a small glare, his burnt and bleeding form unable to bare the pain of a growl.

"D'you know why I wouldn't feel any guilt?"

He leaned down so he was inches away from the bacca's sensitive ears.

"Because I don't care about you," Mitch hissed, raising his sword and straightening.

"Mitchell stop! We need him alive!"

The blaze man froze and instantly put his sword away.

"I'm sorry, Master. I got a little carried away."

The Master sighed. "It's fine Mitchell. Take him back to his cell and meet me in my room."

"Yes, Master," Mitch muttered obediently, slinging the half conscious Jerome over his shoulder.

With a heavy huff, he threw Jerome's body onto the ground, leaving without a word.

Preston and Vikk quickly ran to the bars of their cell and stared at the heap that was just thrown in.

Except it was their friend curled into a ball, shaking from fear.

"D-don't piss off M-mitch. H-he's gone beserk." Jerome choked out shakily.

Vikk rolled his eyes as he yanked his hand away from the bar that he had tightly been holding. There was a small dent left as he sighed.

"What do you expect when you piss of Master's practical slave?!" Preston hissed, his skin glowing a little brighter in anger.

"S-Sorry." Jerome mumbled "I'm sorry some people are worth fighting for."

The dungeon fell silent for a moment.

"We haven't given up, Jerome. We're just looking for a safer way out. For everyone," Preston murmured.

The bacca scowled weakly. "The only way to get out of here is to resist. I feel like I'm the only one who wants to actually escape this hellhole."

Vikk huffed. "I'd be a bit more motivated if I could remember the outside world, let alone my past."

"Yeah, well, we can't remember the outside world or our pasts because that b@stard who runs this place has kept them from us! He thinks we're his pawns in some sort of sick game. I'm done being a plaything for a god. You two can rot in here for the rest of your lives, but I'm finding a way out," Jerome snarled, although it didn't sound too threatening due to his weak voice.

Vikk scoffed and moved away from the bars. "Whatever Jerome. Good luck getting yourself killed."

The bacca rolled his eyes and made himself as comfortable as possible on the floor, drifting off without another word.