Chapter Thirteen: The Hot Springs Episode!

(A/n): Welp, sorry for the wait but I've been busy with a lot of crap (school projects + exams). 

But now that I've managed to churn this out, rejoice! It's quite long too, seeing as I've crammed three episodes in one chapter, so I hope this makes up for my absence.

Enjoy the chapter.

_______________________

*siiiiiiiiiiiiip~!*

It was the crack of dawn, the sun had barely come up as you were groggily heading to Wiz's shop with Cirno. You had a half-awake look on your face as you sipped on a canteen filled with coffee, with the Snow Fairy on your shoulder was cheerily humming a soft tune as you trudged along the alleyways of Axel. You knew that Wiz and Vanir barely sleep, with them being nocturnal and all, so you thought that this would be the perfect chance to tell them that you and Cirno were going on a trip for a few days.

*ding-a-ling-ding!*

(Y/n)/Cirno: *yaaaawn~!* "Mornin'./Good Morning!"

You yawned as Cirno chirping along with your greeting, the two of you entering the shop with different moods. 

Her mood matched those of your party who were not named (Y/n) (L/n), with all of them excited at the fact that you were going on a trip. The one who was named (Y/n) (L/n) however, was not excited at all. Don't get me wrong, it's not like you hated going on trips (you loved adventuring, after all.), you just hated the time you had to wake up for trips like this.

Your grandparents used to take you to their hometown in the Kansai region every winter break, something about introducing you to their roots, and you despised how early your grandfather made you wake up to beat the traffic.

There was also trauma involved, with your grandfather's waking methods tending to be a little... drastic. Examples include yelling close to your ear, dumping cold water on you, and sometimes, flipping over your mattress.

You rubbed your eyes to get them to adjust to the dim interior of the shop, it was then that you came to notice two things. One, you were correct about your assumption with Wiz and Vanir being awake. 

Cirno: "Wha?! WIz-chan!"

Two, Wiz was lying on the ground with steaming burns on her body. In any other circumstances, you would've been severely worried about your boss, but this wasn't any other circumstance.

 In any other circumstances, you would've been severely worried about your boss, but this wasn't any other circumstance

As your small companion checked worriedly on Wiz's unconscious form, you turned your attention towards Vanir. 

(Y/n): "Do I have to ask?"

Giving the masked demon a sleepy stare as you stood by the doorway, your tone was even due to your sleepiness.

Vanir: *sigh!*  "Not at all, our benevolent employer has yet again bought more garbage in bulk for us to sell. I merely saw it was fitting to punish her, is all. "