Chapter Five: Super Easy, Barely An Inconvenience

(A/n): Alright, I've finally got around to finishing this!

Here's the next chapter, enjoy.

___________________________

It was a nice Sunday morning for the citizens of Axel Town.

Birds were singing, flowers were blooming, on days like this people like you... deserves to sleep in.

Sunday was officially everyone's day-off according to Kazuma, and everyone appreciated it.

It was a nice day of relaxation.

{EMERGENCY QUEST}

{ALL AVAILABLE ADVENTURERS REPORT TO THE FRONT GATE!}

Or at least, it was supposed to be...

Kazuma rubbed her temples in frustration.

Kazuma: "(Y/n), I thought I told you not to take Megumin to blow up that guy's castle anymore."

She was referring to Beldia, who was once again ranting in front of the whole town.

(Y/n): "Oh, I didn't."

Kazuma: "Then why is--"

(Y/n): "I made Aqua do it."

You nodded as your leader glared at the Arch priestess.

Aqua: "Hmph, that guy had it coming! He's the reason why we can't go on easy quests anymore!"

Megumin: "Sorry, Kazuma-san. But after doing it for a week straight, I could not just go back to using [Explosion] on empty fields! It only satisfies me now if I use it on big and hard places!"

Kazuma stared oddly at the petite Arch Wizard, and sighed before she whispered harshly at you.

Kazuma: "You better have a plan to beat that guy, because I'm sure as hell that he's after your ass."

(Y/n): "Oh I do, trust me."

Beldia: "Now, WHERE IS THE ADVENTURER KNOWN AS (Y/N) (L/N)!"

Suddenly the adventurers cleared the way between you and Beldia, his eyes glaring holes into you.

(Y/n): "Speaking of which, showtime."

You smile at your senpai while equipping your gauntlets.

Beldia: "You! Have I not told you to stop casting [Explosion] at my castle?!"

Megumin was about to claim responsibility, not wanting you to risk your life for her. She stopped however when you placed a hand on her shoulder, and saw the confident smirk on your face.

You looked at the demon general who was still waiting for your answer.

(Y/n): "Oh you did? It must've slipped my mind."

You shrugged.

(Y/n): "Maybe if you fought me a week ago you wouldn't be in this situation right now, ne?"

You asked in a mocking tone, fully intending to provoke the dullahan.

Beldia: "If that is what you want, I will just have to make you wish for death!"

He aimed his hand towards you and it began to glow a dark aura.

Beldia: "[DEMONIC CURSE]!"

Your body glowed the same color as his hand, and with growing intensity, your party and the rest of the adventurers seemed to look at you with worry.