Chapter Ten: Rent-A-Boyfriend

(A/n): I'll be skipping episode 3, hope you don't mind. 

Enjoy the chapter.

___________________________

It's been a few weeks since your initial meeting with Yunyun, and it's been quite peaceful. Besides a dungeon-exploration quest you did a few days backs, there was really nothing much that was worth mentioning. 

It was mid-day, and it was almost time for lunch. You were currently in the kitchen with Cirno and Aqua, the former helping you prepare food while the latter is waiting to taste the food first. Megumin was reading her brother's notes on [Explosion magic], diligently training hard for the past week to improve her craft. Chomusuke was laying on her lap, fast asleep as her master used one hand to rub her back. As for Kazuma, she was chilling on the couch as usual. Though this time she was reading a book about other countries and cultures, being curious ever since your time at the bath.

While sure Darkness still hasn't come home yet, your party just chalked it up to her wanting to spend some time with her dad. Which was understandable, and you were perfectly content on waiting for her return.

Darkness: "Everyone! We've got a problem!"

Well speak of the masochistic she-devil, and here she comes.

The door to the living room burst open, a familiar blonde being responsible for the forceful entry. 

Megumin: "Welcome home."

Megumin greeted Darkness plainly, her eyes not leaving the book her older brother sent her.

(Y/n)/Cirno: "Welcome home!"

You and the Snow Fairy chorused from the Kitchen as you prepared lunch, Aqua then came out of the kitchen to greet Darkness as well.

Aqua: "Welcome home Da... uuuhhhhhh."

She then stood and gaped at what she saw.

Kazuma: "Yo, Welcome Back."

From her spot on the couch, Kazuma waved to the crusader. When she finally sat up to look, the Adventurer gaped like Aqua at what she saw. 

In the doorway stood their Crusader, adorned in a fancy dress instead of her usual armor.

Kazuma almost didn't recognize her.

Kazuma: "Uh, what's with that getup?"

She asked pointing a finger at Darkness.

Darkness: "My clothes are of no concern at the moment, we have an emergency on our hands!"

(Y/n): "Lunch is ready!"

Just as she said that, the sound of your voice called from the kitchen. Aqua did a small cheer and went back to the kitchen, coming out moments later to head for the dining room as she rubbed her hand. Kazuma's stomach also gave a low growl, signaling that it also wants food.