twenty-five

I crumbled another piece of paper

I sighed in frustration.

Why was making a confession letter so hard?

It was midnight, I was sitting in my desk, papers were starting to pile up, I was getting nowhere...

"These aren't even bad Arai"

"WHAT"

I jumped up, startled to see Mikasa standing over my shoulder.

She scared the hell out of me.

"Since when did you get in here?!" I let out deep breathes

"I let myself in an hour ago...why are you wasting paper like this" She said , referring to the pile surrounding us

I'm still more worried about the fact she was in here for a hour and I hadn't notice till now.

Mikasas a little weird...

"Why'd you even come here? you're never here unless Eren is" I fixed myself hair as I got ready to keep writing the letter.

"I wanted to see how it was going"

"Clearly it isn't going very well"

I rolled my eyes , I grabbed another ink pen, the other one wasn't writing too good anymore, as I had been using it since I started.

"Arai, I need to ask you something"

Mikasa sat down slowly on my bed, her eyes scattered all around the room as she was never really in here to notice everything.

"What is it" I didn't take my eyes off the paper

She hesitated, taking deep breathes , before finally saying it.

"I love Eren." She tugged on her red scarf, the one Eren had gave her when they were only little kids.

She never took it off, it meant a lot to her.

I looked up at her , just smiling.

I think she expected a bigger reaction from me but the truth is I already knew

Almost everyone did

Expect the boy himself.

"Do you want to tell him" I put the pen down, focusing on Mikasa, she was clearly in need of somebody right now, I had never seen her so vulnerable.

"I've tried... countless of times , I can never actually get to tell him, he stares at me when we speak, it's like I can't even move when he does" She said as she touched her scarf for comfort.

All I could do was smile, she had loved him so much and yet after all these years , she held herself back?

"How is it...how is it your so okay that he doesn't know you love him?"

It took her a minute to come up with an answer

"Because I love him, and I know he isn't worried about love. He wants to destroy his enemies. That's all he wants, and I can't let my feelings get in his way. If it's that what he wants, then i'm okay with not telling him, after all, he'll still be my family."

I almost wanted to tear up.

She knew how important killing his enemies was to him, so she didn't hold him back, or distracted him

She supported him, even if it meant she would have to play along.

"But if I were in your situation, let Levi know... he's should know." She softly smiled

I admired Mikasa, I always have.

She was an Ackerman after all, they had power, they had what everyone wanted, but she still had love in her, so did Levi.

Mikasa was one of a kind truly , her beautiful pale skin, her perfect pointy nose, her short black hair, the way she could beat anybody's ass.

Eren would be foolish to not love her...

Too bad for Jean , Mikasa had never noticed his effort to love her, because she was so in love with Eren.

"Why don't you help me write the letter?" I suggested to her, her eyes sparkled.

It seemed like she too wanted to be part of something as romantic, it was the least I could do for her.