Introduction

My dear friend Cathy has a big imagination. One day she shared on Twitter some ideas for DiYue fanfictions and I was truly intrigued: I loved them! I honestly hoped she would work on them one day. However, she offered to "gift" me one of her ideas instead. I accepted, under the condition that she helped me develop it. She agreed and from that day on, months ago, we would share thoughts about the plot, about how the characters might be like, and what we expected from the story. We even chose the title right away! 😍

I was still working on "Back To You" and I had "Indifference" in mind before being able to do anything with "Just Shoot Me", but I was very enthusiastic about it and I wanted to make my friend Cathy happy by giving life to one of her amazing ideas. So, here we are!

We hope you enjoy this story! 💛💜

Just a couple of things (same as before):

1. If you read "Back To You" and "Indifference", you already know my style. I'm not explicit in my language. And if I say cookies are coming, then there will be a romantic scene (or a whole chapter) happening. PS: Sometimes I don't give warning about cookies because I feel it interrupts the flow and takes away the element of surprise 🤭 If you need to know in advance, dm me.

2. This story to me is like a drama where Dylan Wang and Shen Yue get to act. (BtY is my official DiYue story where they are who they are in real life, if that makes sense.) 🥰

3. I don't expect this story to be very long. 😉

4. I love comments and read them all. I answer them also. Feel free to share your thoughts! 😄

5. If you need to know whether this story will have a happy ending before reading (some people need to know, I am one of them), or if there is angst, feel free to ask me.

6. If you don't know who DiYue are, never mind 😅. You will be able to understand the story (and hopefully enjoy it!) anyway. Just know names are mostly Chinese and it's set in Beijing.

7. I use Dylan Wang and Shen Yue as names and main characters because I want them to work together again, in many dramas! I hope you understand that. It's not a lack of imagination. It's my way of having them acting together in my head. 🥰

Chaos.

Now I leave you with Cathy's thoughts. 

PS: The cover from this chapter is an alternative design made by Cathy, and she loved it so much that we decided to post it here. 🤩 What do you think? Should this be the official cover?

From Cathy:

I read once that the power of imagination makes us infinite. And that is right. We have experienced it for a long time, but have noticed it much more during these difficult times. The more we felt locked in, trapped, without air, many of us found an open window within stories. Personally, I found an escape from this confinement within fanfictions, because when we begin to imagine, there are no walls, no barriers or borders that can stop us. We can be free, we can go out.

Just Shoot Me was born as a series of ideas that I posted one day in my Twitter. Our dear Chaos let me know how amazing the plot sounded and encouraged me to develop it. I am very aware of my abilities, but I am also aware of my limitations. And as two brilliant minds think better than one, we thought to do a collaboration between us: I would give ideas, and Chaos would do the artwork. This is how we started with this new project.

If there's one thing I hope you can do is open your minds, feel the story. Do not limit yourself to simple words, because behind every word there are feelings, there is action, emotions. So feel free to imagine and share with us what you think and how you feel. It will not be a solo trip.

Enjoy the ride!

Cathy