All I Can Do Is Love You

It's 6 am on Sunday and 3-year-old AiHua, which means Love Flower, comes tiptoeing into her parents' bedroom. She sees daddy is on his back with his arms and legs wide open and mommy is curled on one side because daddy takes too much room in the bed. The little girl finds it funny how mommy is always battling for space. In the end, what Yue does is either stay on the edge or sleep glued to Dylan.

Rose, the western name of AiHua, which is preferred by Yue, climbs up on the bed and lies on daddy's chest. She loves to be there because it's like a ride to her, going up and down with Dylan's breathing. It helps her sleep.

"Ouch..." he complains when Rose takes her spot, but he loves his little princess too much to reject her clinginess.

Immediately, he wraps one arm around her and with the other arm pats the bed looking for Yue. He brings his wife closer and embraces his two favorite people in the world with his long, strong arms.

Yue smiles and continues sleeping. Rose dozes off as well.

It's the cutest picture ever to see Dylan squashed by his women, with his arms protecting them.

A couple of hours later, Yue wakes up and feels so much love inside her when she glances at her daughter and her husband still snoring. Both make the same sounds when they sleep, it is incredibly funny.

Rose resembles Yue physically, that is why Dylan adores her, but her personality is like her father's. She is precise and pragmatic... She is too responsible for a toddler! Yue keeps telling Dylan she should be messier at that age! But nothing Rose ever does is messy. Even after playing with her toys, she puts them all away, never leaving one on the floor. Although most parents might see this as a good thing, it worries Yue that Rose does not know how to have fun. However, Dylan constantly reassures mommy that Rose is happy being neat, that is simply who she is! If Yue had not carried her inside, and if Rose were not her spitting image, Yue would doubt she is her daughter!

After a while, Dylan opens his eyes as well and looks at Yue. He smiles and throws a mwah at her. Yue reciprocates. Then she runs her hand through Roses' hair and says: "I love you both so much!"

"Me too!" he whispers.

"She is too cute! Did she rob me of some space in your heart?"

"No, my Moon. I grew another heart right next to it because my love for you was so much that my heart couldn't accommodate the both of you." And kisses Yue's forehead.

Yue likes to hear that. She lives for him and needs to be constantly assured that his love for her is as strong, or even stronger, than before.

"Dylan?"

"Yes?"

"Is it okay with you if we stay like this? If we only have Rose?"

Yue has thought about it for a long time, and she does not need another child. She is perfectly happy as they are. Good thing that Dylan agrees.

"Sure, my Moon. This is my family, and it's more than enough for me, because you were already enough!"

And out of nowhere comes Winnie to take his place on top of Rose.

"Ouch! I'm being crushed! That cat needs to lose some weight! It's obese!"

Yue laughs and Rose wakes up to join her mother's laughter.

"The four of us are a family!" Yue exclaims, petting Winnie.

"I want a dog!" shouts Rose.

"No, Rose, a dog is too much! I won't be able to breathe if another creature climbs on top of me every morning!" remarks Dylan with a strangled voice.